Need help with updating firmware with root.

DEdwards22

Reaction score
I'm sorry if this is an obvious process, but I would like to upgrade to the 2.2 firmware from 2.1 with Bugless Beast 0.8 on my Droid 1. I don't really care about keeping the BB ROM, but I would like to keep everything else that I have at the moment. Could comeone give me a quick link that would help me out? I've been searching for a while, but nothing really seemed to fit the situation, or at least it didn't seem like it.

All help is appreciated.

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Which 2.2 upgrade do you want to go to? The official verizon one? BB .4 is on 2.2 froyo. Are you looking just for a complete stock 2.2 with root? lol, sorry, but i need the specific rom you want to link it...

OP
D

DEdwards22

Reaction score
I'll take the BB one, thanks. Now, can I just change the ROM and upgrade without having to do anything with a new backup? (I'm guessing it's recommended in order to be cautious, but I won't have to use it?)

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
you could backup if you want. (if you feel your rom is perfect at moment) But i wouldn't. If you want to be cautious then backup. For me though, my BB 0.4 is perfect. and if your install does mess up, then id just try to reinstall bb 0.4 again. YOU DEFINETLY HAVE TO WIPE DATA THOUGH. i dout itl mess up but to be honest bb 0.8 on 2.1 is a tad outdated anyway, so even on the very rare occurence that your phone totally rejects bb 0.4 then you can just go to BB 1.1 which in my opionion is the best 2.1 rom. :)