1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help with themes in general...

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JoeeDB, Aug 23, 2010.

1. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Pretty simple question, can anyone explain to me why whenever I try to install a theme (have tried 2), the only thing that works is the icons? Here's what I do: Download theme from DF.net, transfer to SD card, reboot into clockwork mod, install the zip from there. What am I doing wrong?
  2. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

Anyone have any ideas?
  3. kook

kook Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Link to the theme you downloaded?
  4. JoeeDB

JoeeDB Member

There's nothing wrong with the themes, fwiw I tried the SS Evolution and another one (both in Chevy's forum) and everyone else said they worked fine. It's something with my phone but I have no clue what it would be.
  5. chasmanian

chasmanian New Member

I'm having the same problem. When I installed from rom manager, the option appeared during the rom selection to install the green theme. I selected it. When it booted after install, everything is the same blue as in the preview pictures of the standard SS rom. I went into rom manager and found the green theme zip and installed it from sd card. Same result. I have the latest clockwork mod, latest rom manager, and all permissions are correct. Any ideas?
  6. kyle94481

kyle94481 New Member

I believe the zip file needs to be named update.zip for themes as well as kernels and such. Try that.
  7. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Only when using SPRecovery, with CW (ROM) Manager renaming of zip files is not necessary