need help with streaming to tv

sangell

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the bionic two days ago from the first droid and need a little help please. I want to stream from my phone to the tv, the tv is not wifi, but my blu-ray theater system is. The tv is an insigna ns-32e570a11 and the theater system is a sony BDVE780W. I was trying to use the imediashare app do stream from the phone to the tv, but I get stuck at the screen that says "player buffering". the app works fine when i just play the video on the phone. wish to be able to share the photos on my phone as well on the tv. Is there a better app or something I am doing wrong? Thanks

muffins7497

Reaction score
Hey, the blue ray theater system.. what brand is it and do you have it connected through the Ethernet or wireless connection?
I have Samsung TV with built in wireless internet and Samsung blue ray wireless player and I have no
problem using my Bionic.. it connects automatic to the TV. [internet tv]
Samsung use Allshare and I play all my media though the software or phone. I also have another regular tv
connected to Samsung blue ray wireless player. The united is connected though
Ethernet and I can access the Bionic through the Blue Ray menu. So if you have it wired, you will have to
used the Blue Ray menu to connect to your Bionic. Far as i know, it will not play any other way because
if you don't have it wireless, Bionic cannot communicate with the device wirelesses.
You will have to use the Blue Ray menu to access your phone. Your phone will be the source of movies, ets
so i am guessing, that's why it only plays on your phone?

OP
S

sangell

Reaction score
the tv is a insignia ns-32e570a11, the blu-ray theater system is a sony BDVE780W. I am using a wireless connection. the imediashare app picks up the blu-ray theater system, just stays in the "player buffering" screen.

muffins7497

Reaction score
yours is.... blue ray, Sony BDVE780W... connected though wireless

I have Samsung blue ray wireless player. hook up though Ethernet

both phone is Bionic

you used Imediashare from Sony

I used Allshare from Samsung

I use my Samsung dvd player menu to select different devices.. Bionic, upstairs dvd, Samsung TV, PC, etc [you get the idea]
I select Bionic and I can then access the folders and select the movie, picture, etc
this is my set up in the basement and that's how i used it to play movies from the phone or access pictures.

upstairs setup? both Samsung dvd and TV is internet ready.. I just point my phone and select movies
and it plays, I select source, the phone and output to dvd or TV.. one other thing, on the
Bionic, I used DLNA that comes with the phone.