NEED HELP with rsd lite

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
OK my phone currently won't boot. I downloaded rsd lite 4.9 and the sbf file but for some reason my phone won't show up, despite it being in bootloader mode. How do i fix this?

r314bd

Reaction score
OK my phone currently won't boot. I downloaded rsd lite 4.9 and the sbf file but for some reason my phone won't show up, despite it being in bootloader mode. How do i fix this?
Have you installed the most recent Motorola USB drivers? If not, uninstall your current drivers and get the new ones here

Then reboot, plug in phone, start RSD Lite again, and see if it shows up

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
Have you installed the most recent Motorola USB drivers? If not, uninstall your current drivers and get the new ones here

Then reboot, plug in phone, start RSD Lite again, and see if it shows up

ok i just installed them and it still isn't showing up.

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
its making the connected to computer noise, but it doesn't show up in the program. i'm so confused. tried uninstalling and reinstalling rsd lite.

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
I remember having this problem, and I'm not exactly positive if this was what fixed it, but did you put your phone into "PC Mode" after plugging it into your computer?

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
Errr, well nvm, you said it wont boot so I dont think thats possible.

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
ok now i installed the 4.5.3 version of rsd lite and the device was found but it fails immediately... possibly because its an outdated version but i can't get it to show up on the new versions. ****.

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
ok i dont know what i did but i think its working

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
now the bootloader screen says

critical error:
DEA1

RSD lite says:
switching device to BP pass through mode

process:
executed 100%

Result:
in progress

i don't know what to make of this? nothing else seems to be happening

EDIT:

i disconnected phone and it said code corrupt... i can't see how though as i downloaded it off the sticky here. trying again now.

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
How did you boot into the bootloader. There are two ways to boot into bootloader for the droid 2 glboal but only one way will allow you to reprogram your phone. power on + volume up + volume down is the one that will allow you to program your phone.

Make sure you have these drivers: USB and PC Charging Drivers - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

and you have the rsdlite and sbf from here: Droid 2 Global SBF File (2.4.29) Full and RSDLite

hmmm. thanks for the response but i actually used the other one and the second time i loaded it, it worked (thankfully). My phone is back in working order and seems good as new.

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
also learned an important lesson today. don't try to install droid 2 roms on a droid 2 global :icon_wink:

OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
****. when in the market if i click on an app it force closes. nothing seems to be fixing this so i'm reinstalling the sbf.. that appears to be the only problem

EDIT: finished but now theres no internet connection and a blue triangle where it normally says 3g in the notification bar. im thinking maybe a setting is just messed up?

Last edited:
OP
R

Rkrajnov

Reaction score
fixed it. had to call *228 first off to activate phone. Then I had to uninstall market updates. It works now.