Need help with rooted nook

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by XXmadixXx, Sep 24, 2011.

1. XXmadixXx

XXmadixXx New Member

My brother rooted my nook color a few months ago, and it crashed after trying to install a 32g sd card. He rerooted it a few weeks ago and some of the apps I had before like facebook and nook are not compatible with the device anymore. Can't someone help me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DroidForums
  2. XXmadixXx

XXmadixXx New Member

When I go to the market to install these apps it says my device isn't compatible, But I had them installed before it crashed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using DroidForums
  3. dbunt

dbunt New Member

Better late than never...

I'm not sure if you've found a solution already or not, but I've got a rooted NookColor and I've had CyanogenMod v7.0.3 and Phiremod v6.3 flashed successfully, but I assume that you could have the same problem if you're running stock B&N v1.2 as well. I've had a problem with the newest market version not showing a lot of the normal GApps (Facebook, Google Maps, etc.). If you're on the newest market (the dark one) try going to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All>Market and uninstall updates, then use a file manager that has root privileges (I use Root Explorer, personally) and go to /system/app and delete marketupdater. The older market seems to work better for me, although some apps still don't show on my downloads page, I can still download them from the market by searching. If you're not using the new market, then I would say just download Rom Manager from the market and flash GApps, although that doesn't solve Nook for Android. For that I would search for the apk online, then sideload it and use Titanium Backup from the market to restore your "Nook for Android's" market link, which will cause it to show in your downloads page.

If none of this works, you could try editing your build.prop file under /system/media, although you should DEFINITELY do a backup beforehand, as this could mess you up pretty bad if not done right. Most people have had success editing it to make the market "think" you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. Just Google this if you want the details, it's easy to find.

I hope this was somewhat helpful, and feel free to reply with either more information or feedback on how it went for you.
Search tags for this page
help rooted nook color

how to fix your device isn't compatible with this version ro

nook color rooted before and after

nook maps your device isn't compatible

rooted nook color your device isn't compatible with this ver

why does my rooted nook say it not compatable with android m