Need help with root!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Boot in to recovery (doesn't matter which) and try a factory data reset.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
then will i be able to go back in to clockworkmod recovery and install it again i think maybe i missed a step can you please help me with that

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
First did you try data reset? And yes if you bootstrapped recovery you should be able to get back in to it by doing a batt pull just as the screen dims on the moto logo.

tappin and a talkin

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
First did you try data reset? And yes if you bootstrapped recovery you should be able to get back in to it by doing a batt pull just as the screen dims on the moto logo.

tappin and a talkin

+1! Wipe data and cache.

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
no need for factory reset. i did the battery pull you were talking about and it went right to cm recovery and i flashed my bootstrap backup and i am right were i was before i started this. Rooted with all the proper files on the root of my sd card. should io give it another go or do you think i may have missed a step talk to me about wiping cache and data please.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm not totally positive as for fission, I've never used it. However sop is to wipe data and cache and then install it from the sd card.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
oh ok. sorry spaz:) could you help me with some concise directions how to load this fission up on my d2g please kind sir?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Of course. Just got home from christmas dinner. Give me a few mins to get settled and look through clockwork and I'll be back.

tappin and a talkin

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so you're going to go in and do wipe data/factory reset
Then wipe cache partition
Then go to install zip from sd card which will bring up a menu and one of the options will be install zip from sd card. Before doing all this you should have placed the zip for fission on the root of the sd card, and once you hit instal zip from sd you will be able to scroll down and find it.

tappin and a talkin

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Ok so you're going to go in and do wipe data/factory reset
Then wipe cache partition
Then go to install zip from sd card which will bring up a menu and one of the options will be install zip from sd card. Before doing all this you should have placed the zip for fission on the root of the sd card, and once you hit instal zip from sd you will be able to scroll down and find it.

tappin and a talkin

i tried that just now it keeps saying the file is bad.? also do i need to unmount data and cache after wiping? do i need to delete these file and try to redownload? man i was frustrated when i went to bed and i am frustrated now. i will say though I am learning tons. Last week I couldnt have done any of this. Just look at the name of my thread. Anyways, can you please enlighten me some more.:) Also im sooo thankful for backups!!! And I have that process down PAT!!!!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Well....I am currently running Fission 2.4 w/update and I love it. There is one problem all of my apps are gone and i go to my downloads and they are not there, bummer. Also all of my pictures are gone as well as my contacts. Still learning..LOL If I make a backup of where I am now then i should be able to boot into recovery and just switch between the two, right?