Need help with root!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Im glad I asked. I was about to try some d2 Roms I got. So I have to run fission? Any body have opinions or reviews about it. And is there more Roms being developed for the global?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
So for right now there is really no resin to be rooted on the global?

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Afaik. The devs are most likely waiting for the full sbf which makes sense. Shouldn't be much longer though.

Im glad I asked. I was about to try some d2 Roms I got. So I have to run fission? Any body have opinions or reviews about it. And is there more Roms being developed for the global?

DroidForums junkie!!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
As far as ROMs and themes go, I'd proceed with caution. In the meantime, you have rooted apps you couldn't previously use. Not sure if the OC apps work for your phone. A quick PM to Jrummy would answer your question though.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Ok thanks im just gonna roll with adw launcher and un root for now. Do you know anything about fission?

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Im running setcpu.

You can underclock a little if you want to try and get a little more battery. You can change the boot animation, you can put ringtones in your phones system directory instead of on the sd card. You can use titanium backup to freeze (would not recommend uninstalling) the Verizon bloatware (heck with 8 gigs who needs to uninstall?), and to backup your alps.

Not to mention wireless tether for free ad hoc tethering.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Personally, I don't but I've heard really good things about it. Make a backup and give it a go! :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Where can I find it? And when you say make a backup you mean using bootstrap right? Remember im still kinda new to all of this

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Find...? Yes, bootstrap recovery then reboot recovery to make a backup. We've all been new, no big deal. :)

Where can I find it? And when you say make a backup you mean using bootstrap right? Remember im still kinda new to all of this

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Where can I download fission? Also another question when I make recovery then reboot into recovery mode I need to back up first then flash the new rom correct? And all that is done only in recovery mode right?

OP
Droid2G-0369

Droid2G-0369

Reaction score
Someone please help me i just installed fission 2.4.3 on my droid 2 global then when i rebooted it was stuck on the boot animation screen!! HELP! what do i do to get this running??