Need help with Re-gaining root.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by RevolvingDroid, May 28, 2013.

1. RevolvingDroid

Ratings:
    +0
    I am in need of help from and experienced rooter. A while back I rooted my spectrum 2 while it was still on ICS and then used voodoo rootkeeper to try and keep root over the update to JB. Well needless to say it wouldn't work and trying to re-root the phone wouldn't work due to superuser being a system app so I was left with a patched unrooted phone with superuser as a system app and I couldn't gain root access to remove it. I tried disabling the app then I did a factory reset, ended up not working and this all started when I couldn't update the binary due to superuser losing root after the update. Please help me I'd like to get this phone re-rooted because it really is an amazing phone especially for the price. I tried running exploits again but it wouldn't work. I attempted to use motochopper because this phone is on the list of phones it can root. Can someone help me re-gain root access? Please and in advance thanks for the help. Also thank you for your time and taking that time to read this. Much appreciated.

#1 RevolvingDroid, May 28, 2013
    Last edited: May 28, 2013
  2. RevolvingDroid

Ratings:
    +0
    Also meant to add before I did the factory reset I used RootChecker and it stated I only had Improper root access. Does this mean anything as to how I can re-gain root?

Search tags for this page

improper root android

improper root htc rezound