need help with phone :[

fatcanadian21

Reaction score
so i rooted and unrooted about a week ago, and im pretty sure its completley unrooted but i have a few questions:

on my phones memory (not SDcard) it has these files that wont delete such as:
init
init.goldfish.rc
init.rc
init.sholes.rc

now what are these and are they from rooting?
:motdroidvert:

/\ ;]

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed these too but never knew what they were.....I just ignored them. If I can type "su" in a terminal, and get "permission denied"....then I know I'm not rooted and don't worry about it

OP
F

fatcanadian21

Reaction score
alright thanks, but the only thing i noticed though is that in terminal emulator it comes up as:

$ $

instead of

$

it still says permission denied to everything but is there
any problem there, or?

roberj13

Reaction score
"First off, ask the sholes team what kernel version they use, because I split off from their code on Jan 9 before they added 600MHz.

Second, if you use this with a sholes rom, Berzerker and the crew will eat you. They did some muddling with the init scripts in the boot image that I didn't, and that's why eveyone flashing a TazKern on their roms has issues. I do not and will not advise anyone flashed to *****y Bagel use my kernels."

Unrelated quote from alldroid.org

I was researching if Taz's OC Kernel would work with Sholes (after I tried it of course) and saw this post from Taz. Maybe these init scripts that he is talking about is what you are seeing. Don't know really what they are supposed to do, but I suppose if you are unrooted you are unrooted.