need help with my new droid.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Sure! Open the default Messaging app, hit menu, and uncheck notifications.

now just one more problem - I like to use the handcent application for messaging, but is there any way i can turn off the notifications from the original messaging? so i dont get two notifications every time i get a text?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just go into the settings menu of the stock messaging app and turn off notifications :)

Sent from my Droid

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
now just one more problem - I like to use the handcent application for messaging, but is there any way i can turn off the notifications from the original messaging? so i dont get two notifications every time i get a text?

Messinger/Settings/manage settings/text messaging/uncheck auto retrieve and Notifications.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Good! Still confused about why it was necessary...? Any ideas guys??!

Thank you!! the reboot worked :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

That is *very* strange - not showing up in the app drawer - and something I've not run into with any of my three Droids. As to the effect of rebooting, well maybe it's like Microsoft Windows; they want you to reboot everytime you install or modify almost anything. :::shrug::: Dunno...

-Mike

cschw09

Reaction score
I am trying to learn how to back up my Droid 2. What programs do people use. Is there 1 that back ups everything