Need Help with making backup!!

j_acm

Reaction score
I just rooted and for some reason it doesnt want to make a back up of stock rom. It boots into recovery and starts the process but then starts to say it cant find sd files? it trys for about 20 seconds then reboots and nothing.

Anyone have any ideas ? Im using the rom manager to make the back up..

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I just rooted and for some reason it doesnt want to make a back up of stock rom. It boots into recovery and starts the process but then starts to say it cant find sd files? it trys for about 20 seconds then reboots and nothing.

ROM Manager doesn't work properly for making backups. What process did you use to root? Do you know if you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and if so, which version?

OP
J

j_acm

Reaction score

ROM Manager doesn't work properly for making backups. What process did you use to root? Do you know if you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed, and if so, which version?

I used Odin to root the phone. Do they make a CWM rocovery for Fascinate? I did flash the clockwork option in the rom manager itself. I believe its version 3.0.0.8

Thanks for the help!

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What you should do is use Odin again to flash one of the recovery .tar files from this thread. They're all 3 the same, just different colors. Then when you're finished with that, boot into recovery manually. With the phone off, press and hold both of the volume buttons, and then press the power button. Hold all 3 until the Samsung logo appear, then release. This should boot you into recovery. You may have to try more than once to get it. When you get into recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate down to backup/restore, and select with the power button. Then select backup with the power button.

OP
J

j_acm

Reaction score
What you should do is use Odin again to flash one of the recovery .tar files from this thread. They're all 3 the same, just different colors. Then when you're finished with that, boot into recovery manually. With the phone off, press and hold both of the volume buttons, and then press the power button. Hold all 3 until the Samsung logo appear, then release. This should boot you into recovery. You may have to try more than once to get it. When you get into recovery, use the volume buttons to navigate down to backup/restore, and select with the power button. Then select backup with the power button.

Thank you much man. Im going to try this as soon as the wife comes back. Ill get back to you. thanks again!!!

OP
J

j_acm

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Were backed up and running comrom2.0.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good deal.

jhargan82

Reaction score
help needed for fascinate rom loading. I rooted using the "newbie guide...ect" adb is the program I used and i downloaded rom checker to verify that I have root. Superuser has no apps. Busybox did not pass the verification though. When I tried installing busybox from the market, I get an error message that busybox does not have root access on my phone and to check superuser to allow access. I tried to find some way to allow access through superuser but I dont see any options for that