Need Help with GPS tracking/movement maps? Please look.

TheCyclist

Reaction score
I have lately taken up a plan to bicycle from Texas to California before the beginning of my University life begins in Fall. Unfortunately though I am doing this entire trip solo, so I am looking to see if the Droid would be able to help me with GPS tracking info to go back home to family/friends/girlfriend.

I've been working with MyTracks and I love the software but it doesn't include any active maps to show last location or anything else except after you stop recording and upload.

Is there any other apps I should look into or options maybe I have missed in Google Latitude or MyTracks that would be able to:

A. Marks my location in timestamps/Speed
B. Be able to be viewed online via computer or even Droid/Cell Phone
C. Extras: E911

Anyone have thoughts/ideas/advice? Please post freely, always looking for input.

GerryG35

Reaction score
This may be helpful if you can't find a total solution. I found an app called Inserty that creates memo-type text entries that can be inserted into messages, emails, any type of notepad and so on. It comes with predefined entries that are GPS based such as lat/long coordinates as well as date, time, geographical location (city, state, country, etc.) and you can create your own. I was thinking you could control the frequency of the entries and insert standardized information into a journal created using one of the available notepad apps.