Need Help With GF's New Droid x

stdeeeez

Reaction score
I am looking to root my gf's droid x but its not mine on my plan so i dont want to end up bricking it(obviously). My ? is this. She just got the hpone shipped to her yesterday and i was planning on taking last night and rooting it loading a new rom and everything so i dont have to hear i want this changed or that changed. anyways i looked in the settings and if im not mistaken it said she was running 2.1xx update1 blah blah whic i coulda swore i heard was easier to do then after the froyo update. im not with her now but i told her to decline any updates it offers because im assuming that there is an easier way to do it with her not updating to 2.2. could someone point me in the direction i need to be ...jus a link to the thread would be appreciated.
Thanks

xliderider

Reaction score
2.1 update 1 can be rooted with one click using Easy Root from the Market.

I believe Verizon has suspended the rollout of the 2.2 OTA update due to some issues people are having once updated.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am looking to root my gf's droid x but its not mine on my plan so i dont want to end up bricking it(obviously). My ? is this. She just got the hpone shipped to her yesterday and i was planning on taking last night and rooting it loading a new rom and everything so i dont have to hear i want this changed or that changed. anyways i looked in the settings and if im not mistaken it said she was running 2.1xx update1 blah blah whic i coulda swore i heard was easier to do then after the froyo update. im not with her now but i told her to decline any updates it offers because im assuming that there is an easier way to do it with her not updating to 2.2. could someone point me in the direction i need to be ...jus a link to the thread would be appreciated.
Thanks

The same method for the d1, dx, and d2 can be found in a guide in the RS Guides section:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

It is not a one click root method but it is free and just involves typing a couple of lines and slapping the enter key when told to.

I find less people having issues with manual method than one-click methods. Maybe more use the one-click methods, I dunno. For me I'd rather know what I was about to do. I also always want to know how to undo what I'm about to do too...just in case something goes wrong.

OP
stdeeeez

stdeeeez

Reaction score
Thanks

The same method for the d1, dx, and d2 can be found in a guide in the RS Guides section:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/re...08-multiple-phones-root-them-unroot-them.html

It is not a one click root method but it is free and just involves typing a couple of lines and slapping the enter key when told to.

I find less people having issues with manual method than one-click methods. Maybe more use the one-click methods, I dunno. For me I'd rather know what I was about to do. I also always want to know how to undo what I'm about to do too...just in case something goes wrong.

Thanks guys for both of your replys. Now i have 2 different plans of attack. one more ? though if you dont mind. after i root her x wether it be manually or through the app, is it possible to overclock the x yet or am i jus going to be able to do customization, like new colors,apps things like that.