Need help with email (POP3) set up

G

golfchic130

My husband and I both got the Droid this past week. Long story short - because of the issues of not being able to set our POP3 accounts he now has the Blackberry storm 2. I still have the droid because they didn't have another blackberry. Have been reading psots where people have successfully set up USEFUL POP3 email accounts on the Droid. Can someone go through that with me? Otherwise I'm going to get the blackberry. I really like this Droid but.......

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My husband and I both got the Droid this past week. Long story short - because of the issues of not being able to set our POP3 accounts he now has the Blackberry storm 2. I still have the droid because they didn't have another blackberry. Have been reading psots where people have successfully set up USEFUL POP3 email accounts on the Droid. Can someone go through that with me? Otherwise I'm going to get the blackberry. I really like this Droid but.......

What email client are you trying to use and what source (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, verizon) do you use for email?
Mike

OP
G

golfchic130

We use embarqmail. Have been on the phone for hours with both verizon support & embarq (centurylink) and no luck. Verizon support finally addmitted that you can't setup a POP account

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When we get your email.set up, and we will you are going to make your husband's Storm look so bad you may have to keep your eye on your phone. He may steal it from you. Storm isn't in the same league as the Droid.

OP
G

golfchic130

When we get your email.set up, and we will you are going to make your husband's Storm look so bad you may have to keep your eye on your phone. He may steal it from you. Storm isn't in the same league as the Droid.

That's what I'm hoping. Funny thing - I've just gotten the 3 emails from this Forum on my Droid, but it didn't alert me??????

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
We use embarqmail. Have been on the phone for hours with both verizon support & embarq (centurylink) and no luck. Verizon support finally addmitted that you can't setup a POP account

Go to the Market and download K9. It is a free email app.

I use K9 and I just added my really old Verizon email account. All I entered was my used id, and password. I have not accessed that email account in well over a year! I had really really old email in less than a minute.

Mike

OP
G

golfchic130

What email client are you trying to use and what source (gmail, hotmail, yahoo, verizon) do you use for email?
Mike

Embarqmail.

OP
G

golfchic130

I use K9 and I just added my really old Verizon email account. All I entered was my used id, and password. I have not accessed that email account in well over a year! I had really really old email in less than a minute.

Mike

Mike - I installed the K9 - not sure what to do next?? Is this the fix for both email accounts I have on the phone????

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score

Mike

Mike - I installed the K9 - not sure what to do next?? Is this the fix for both email accounts I have on the phone????

Open the app. It should ask you to create an account. Enter yours first. Once you get that working, tap the menu key (second from left between the back and home buttons), tap more, tap Accounts, tap more again, tap add account.

Let me know how you make out
Mike

OP
G

golfchic130

Mike

Open the app. It should ask you to create an account. Enter yours first. Once you get that working, tap the menu key (second from left between the back and home buttons), tap more, tap Accounts, tap more again, tap add account.

Let me know how you make out
Mike
I don't think I did the install correctly - I was getting emails but couldn't send. One question - will all my emails go out as K9??? I have business email I need to set up also. Will uninstall and try again tomorrow. Can't see the keyboard anymore :icon_eek:
Thank you so much for your help - I hope this works....my husband said he would get his droid back if we can fix this email thing.