need help with droid x rooting

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by icecoldguy1, Mar 29, 2011.

1. icecoldguy1

icecoldguy1 New Member

i just got my droid x yesterday and i was wondering how to root it, people on youtube said u can use a app to do it but i have no idea what the app is called and i want the rubix rom for it, but i got a couple questions and i appreciate any help i can get, im new to droid (used to have iphone)

ok first off whats the app that unroots ur phone? what else do i need to do to prevent phone from being bricked? and how do i install and where do i find the rom rubix at?

any help would be awesome and i apologize for my ignorance
  2. drummer

drummer New Member

The app I used was z4 root. This app lets you root and unroot your phone. You can not brick your phone just by rooting it, by some of the apps that require root can brick your phone if not used in the right way. Also during the process of putting a custom rom on your phone could bick your phone but is it unlikely.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  3. ras0787

ras0787 New Member

When you grab z4 root, perm root doesnt always work on the first try. I had to reboot 3-4 times to run the perm root process before it actually worked. Don't be alarmed though like he said though, you cant brick your phone by doing this.
  4. D4ve

D4ve New Member

Make sure you have you screen set to stay on for max time. This should stop the need of re running Z4

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums
  5. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal DF Super Moderator

So far north in NY I smell maple syrup when the wi
    Z4Root doesn't always unroot well. Your best bet for unrooting is to flash the proper stock SBF.

If you find you just CAN'T get z4root to work either follow the instructions for manual rooting linked to in my signature or try an app called SuperOneClick. A link for the download can be provided easily enough. Simply ask. :) Good luck!