need help with droid incredible battery

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
when i got the phone the android system was running 46%of the battery now its been running 96% of the battery witch im guessing why my phone is losing battery during stand by is there a way to make it go down i saw a picture of some ons and the android system was at 7%

chartle

Reaction score
I'm going to hijack this thread and bump it a little but I have the same issue with battery life.

After taking off charge I do about 15 minutes of Web browsing with wi fi turned on and my battery is down to 75% :icon_eek:

I think there should be a sticky on how to increase battery life.

Here is what I have done.

• Run advanced task killer (not all the time just before I set it down)
  • Under settings I turned off Mobile Broad band Connect
  • I turn off GPS unless I'm using it and when I do its in my car and plugged in.
  • Blue tooth always off
  • Sync is always on
  • Brightness setting is set to auto
  • Stand by set to 1 minute though it seems shorter.

What I haven't done yet is to do the "Charge it up turn it off and charge it up again" routine. Also if I do this does this "reset" the battery or do I have to do it all the time because my phone is never off do to work issues.

Also I don't run any social media apps like face book.

If this works its been implied that a software update will fix it.

At this point I'm either going to send it back for an X or get the Verizon extended battery. I can't have my phone die during the day. If I have a major issue I can be on the phone for hours at a time.

Its to the point that I carry the small HTC charger and a retractable USB cable with me at all times in case I need to charge it.

Oh and my Android system use is 29%.

Last edited:
OP
R

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
I'm going to hijack this thread and bump it a little but I have the same issue with battery life.

After taking off charge I do about 15 minutes of Web browsing with wi fi turned on and my battery is down to 75% :icon_eek:

I think there should be a sticky on how to increase battery life.

Here is what I have done.

• Run advanced task killer (not all the time just before I set it down)
  • Under settings I turned off Mobile Broad band Connect
  • I turn off GPS unless I'm using it and when I do its in my car and plugged in.
  • Blue tooth always off
  • Sync is alwas on
  • Brightness setting is set to auto
  • Stand by set to 1 minute though it seems shorter.

What I haven't done yet is to do the "Charge it up turn it off and charge it up again" routine. Also if I do this does this "reset" the battery or do I have to do it all the time because my phone is never off do to work issues.

Also I don't run any social media apps like face book.

If this works its been implied that a software update will fix it.

At this point I'm either going to send it back for an X or get the Verizon extended battery. I can't have my phone die during the day. If I have a major issue I can be on the phone for hours at a time.

Its to the point that I carry the small HTC charger and a retractable USB cable with me at all times in case I need to charge it.

Oh and my Android system use is 29%.

lucky 29% i real wanna know why mine is 96

chartle

Reaction score
Update

I did the charge it, unplug it, turn it off and plug it in again. And it appears to work. I've been browsing for around 15 minutes and so far so good.

I just checked and I'm at 89%. Normally a would at less than 75% by now.

So how do I work this into my daily routine.

Last edited:
OP
R

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
what does charging it the Turing it off and charging it again do ?

chartle

Reaction score
what does charging it the Turing it off and charging it again do ?
Theres supposedly software Problem that it cuts off the charging before the battery is full. When you change it when its off the battery gets a full charge.

There's a thread on this page that's titled something like " battery trick " that has a link to this trick. If you root your phone there is a permanent fix.

ezrider55

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG V30
yep, its a real problem

My Ex got her new phone ( replaced for poor reception ) and it eats up the battery with Android OS taking 98% of Battery. Needles to say, another phone on order. Hope she gets new one with TFT screen. So there are BAD phones out there. I'll bet dollars to donuts her "new phone:icon_rolleyes:" was refurbished.

macmull

Reaction score
hello

hi guys

========================
For connecting to remote desktop of another computer (via internet or network) and controls. Also connecting to VNCServer through Repeater or directly to VNCServer and a lot of other configuration options. For more details VNCServer ==========================

chartle

Reaction score
Update

Ok so here's an update.

It seemed like most of my battery killing was done while browsing. I poked around the browser settings and turned off flash.

This morning I did 20 minutes of browsing and the battery was at around 85%, at least 10% better than with flash on.

Damn, does this mean Jobs is right about flash.:icon_evil:

Last edited:
OP
R

r0ckinricky

Reaction score
Ok so here's an update.

It seemed like most of my battery killing was done while browsing. I poked around the browser settings and turned off flash.

This morning I did 20 minutes of browsing and the battery was at around 85%, at least 10% better than with flash on.

Damn, does this mean Jobs is right about flash.:icon_evil:

i just rooted my phone do you know the battery trick were that thread is located i looked but couldnt find it