1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help with droid ERIS

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bdub33, Nov 23, 2010.

1. bdub33

bdub33 New Member

I rooted my friends eris with the htc eris root app. I then installed a rom called kaosfroyo. When my friend tried to log into gmail and got the box where you have to type the letter&numbers before it logs in, it wouldn't recognize the text he entered even though it was written correctly. He tried over 20 times. I did wipe data factory reset before flashing the rom though. He was able to use the browser and make calls also.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Did you also wipe the Dalvik Cache in Recovery? That sounds like it might be the issue.
  3. bdub33

bdub33 New Member

No I did not . Will factory reset clear the dalvik cache? The eris has amon Ra recovery also

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  4. bdub33

bdub33 New Member

Any other ideas??
    Sent franyom my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. es0tericcha0s

es0tericcha0s Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

No, resetting the Factory Data does not clear the Dalvik Cache. If you don't do both, you will have lot of various issues. AmonRa is the preferred Recovery system for the Eris, so stick with that. Do NOT switch to ClockWorkMod. Anyway, just go back to Recovery and wipe the first 2 options and reload the rom. Should be much better. Also, check out this thread: Android Forums - View Single Post - LiQuID FroZeN YoGurT v1.6 (FRG22D BuILT FRoM SoUrCE!!! GeT iT FaST BeFoRE iT MeLTs!!!) . Disregard the CWM stuff, you just need to wipe the Factory Data and Dalvik Cache, but everything else there is essentially the same. Would be good for you or your friend to favorite that post until you get used to flashing roms. It will allow as seamless transition between roms as possible. Hope this helps.