Need Help with Dicision... :(

Reaction score
O.k., I've had my Incredible about two weeks now and I'm thinking I might just go swap it for the Droid. (30 day trial) Why, you ask?

1. Battery Life. Had to bend over backwards to save battery life to get through the day. (Buying larger battery may solve problem all together)

2. Poor signal problems. I'm still waiting to hear back from HTC support as to possible problems and solutions. (They did offer me a replacement)

3. Games. The games I want are not available via the google market place at the moment. And to further the trouble, I hear that they will not run well on the snapdragon processor;where as, it runs fine on the Droid. With a few exceptions. (May make it to the market place for the Incredible, but probably will not run well)Top BlackBerry Games, SmartPhone Games - Games for Windows Mobile, Android | Gameloft

I do like the response time and how well the actual phone runs. I would love to keep it, but at the moment I really would like to just have the Droid and not have to deal with all of this.

There is the flash that the Incredible offers via the HTC Sense, but the 2.2 update would make that point null and void... ARGH!

Someone please offer some guidance that will be helpful and unbiased.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Honestly, it's completely up to you.

Those reasons alone dont seem to justify it, especially since you've found solutions to all of them... Even if they involve waiting for HTC to do their thing.

That being said, two of my co-workers have Incredibles, and I wouldnt trade my Droid for an Incredible if I could.

IncredibleUser

Reaction score
I got a Droid in November and switched to the Incredible the week it came out. Here are my thoughts...

1. Battery. I agree with you. I purchased a 1750 m battery and it carries me from 6am to about 6pm. I keep the original battery in my pocket and I'm good for the entire day. But I also had a second battery for the Droid.

2. Signal strength. They are both similar.

3. Games? The games for the Droid and the Incredible are identical. I don't understand your argument here.

I will say this: The weight difference between the two is significant. The Incredible us much better.

OP
The Droid Lion
Reaction score
I got a Droid in November and switched to the Incredible the week it came out. Here are my thoughts...

1. Battery. I agree with you. I purchased a 1750 m battery and it carries me from 6am to about 6pm. I keep the original battery in my pocket and I'm good for the entire day. But I also had a second battery for the Droid.

2. Signal strength. They are both similar.

3. Games? The games for the Droid and the Incredible are identical. I don't understand your argument here.

I will say this: The weight difference between the two is significant. The Incredible us much better.

The problem with the games is you can't get them for the Incredible.... search. See if you can find them. The Google market is filtering them out for what ever reason. Its intention BTY. They may or may not release them for the Google market.

R24D24

Reaction score
Other then physical keyboard, I have no idea why someone would like the moto droid over the inc. It has better battery life yes, but though it (moto droid) has slightly better res, the AMOLED screen on the Inc is so vibrant it may be better overall.

I have both the phones and use one for work (moto droid) and I can say I never looked back after I got the Inc. I think a large majority of people given both phones to use for a couple of weeks would choose the Inc hands down.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid:
-Keyboard (some games require a keyboard)
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community
-Root abilties (tether, under/overclock, themeing, etc
-Stock Android if you don't like Sense.

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Faster processor (if you don't plan on overclocking your Droid)
-Lighter (But plastic)
-Optical trackball if you like that

Really, in MY opinion, only go with the Incredible if you want Sense UI, or if your phone will be your camera.

R24D24

Reaction score
Droid:
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Lighter (But plastic)

Really, in MY opinion, only go with the Incredible if you want Sense UI, or if your phone will be your camera.

Actually, I have to say the opposite. The Inc is a better phone all the way around. Root ability will come with time (kinda silly to use it in a comparison IMO) and you haven't even listed half of the improvements over the moto droid. Looking at the two side by side and using them, there is no contest. If you like to go by specs it's not even close.

I would have to say that the only reason to even look at the moto droid is the physical keyboard, which is going the way of the 8 track tape, or to feel a bit of nostalgia for a phone that USED to be the flagship device for VZW.

People that hang on to this moto droid as a competitor in today's market are probably listening to cassette tapes on their walkman and arguing with their friends how VHS is as good as blu rays. Give it up, it's old tech now, as the Inc will be soon. That's why the new droid will be out soon, the entire market has changed since the relic, errr moto droid came out, and it's time for them to catch up.

To me, having to hack your device for anything is actually a draw back, as the average consumer will never do this and puts your phone at risk. The original iphone was metal, then they went to plastic because they remembered people want light weight materials, nobody wants a brick in their pocket. I also like how you listed not having sense as a plus ROFL, "buy this car, it has less options and stock rims, it's better then that one that's loaded and has aftermarket rims"?

Also, the moto droid may really get put down for the count when the shadow comes out if the rumored specs are indeed true. I will admit though that my moto droid I have for work is untouchable in the always important paper weight category.

Last edited:

Shelooga

Reaction score
Droid:
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Lighter (But plastic)

Actually, I have to say the opposite. The Inc is a better phone all the way around. Root ability will come with time (kinda silly to use it in a comparison IMO) and you haven't even listed half of the improvements over the moto droid. Looking at the two side by side and using them, there is no contest. If you like to go by specs it's not even close.

I would have to say that the only reason to even look at the moto droid is the physical keyboard, which is going the way of the 8 track tape, or to feel a bit of nostalgia for a phone that USED to be the flagship device for VZW.

People that hang on to this moto droid as a competitor in today's market are probably listening to cassette tapes on their walkman and arguing with their friends how dvds are as good as blu rays. Give it up, it's old tech now, as the Inc will be soon. That's why the new droid will be out soon, the entire market has changed since the relic, errr moto droid came out, and it's time for them to catch up.

Also, the moto droid may really get put down for the count when the shadow comes out if the rumored specs are indeed true. I will admit though that my moto droid I have for work is untouchable in the always important paper weight category.

...wow. every now and then i totally lose hope in humanity and intelligent life. consider me hopeless

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid:
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Lighter (But plastic)

People that hang on to this moto droid as a competitor in today's market are probably listening to cassette tapes on their walkman and arguing with their friends how dvds are as good as blu rays. Give it up, it's old tech now, as the Inc will be soon. That's why the new droid will be out soon, the entire market has changed since the relic, errr moto droid came out, and it's time for them to catch up.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but the Droid does beat the Incredible in some ways. And oh by the way, the Droid has the better GPU. And better battery life. And better call quality. The Incredible isn't "the better phone all the way around" as you say it. The Incredible is the better phone at certain things, Droid is better at others. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid:
-Battery life
-Huge hacking community

Incredible:
-Sense UI
-Better Camera
-Lighter (But plastic)

...wow. every now and then i totally lose hope in humanity and intelligent life. consider me hopeless
True facts...

speckit

Reaction score
The droid has slightly better gaming because of the gpu, the droid has a better battery life and the droid will be recieving froyo soon which will give alot faster speed all around and flash and all the other good stuff froyo comes with, on the other hand because of htc sense it will most likely take wayyyy longer to rexieve 2.2 on the incredible

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
I keep seeing comments about Incredible and Nexus One not having the same games on the market as the Droid, any validity?

If that is the case their going to soon have to fix snapdragon compatibility issues with games as soon as the Shadow comes out.

It just doesn't make any sense

ctxx24

Reaction score
You are entitled to your own opinion, but the Droid does beat the Incredible in some ways. And oh by the way, the Droid has the better GPU. And better battery life. And better call quality. The Incredible isn't "the better phone all the way around" as you say it. The Incredible is the better phone at certain things, Droid is better at others. Just because it's newer doesn't mean it's better.[/QUOTE]

Not true about the droid having better call quality. i had the droid and the inc. is just as good if not better. the keyboard sucked ,never used it, tried and tried but it was worthless...i liked the droid when i had it, but man its nice to have a thin..light phone thats fast and dont lag..

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wow I remember when people were complaining about the droid having horrible battery life....those were the days.

Droids

Reaction score
If I could trade my beat up 7 month old Moto Droid outright, for a brand spanking new in the box Incredible, at zero cost to me... I wouldn't do it.

I can do everything on my Moto Droid that you can do on your Incredible, and then some.

They are both great phones. It just user preference. Kinda silly to label me as one that must use cassettes/8 track/VHS tapes just because I prefer my phone over the the one you prefer. When everyone was buying the Moto Razr I bought an LG. It just felt better in my hand. What's the big deal?