Need help with cyanogen 7 rom install

kcorj2244

Reaction score
I'm completely new to hacking the d2g. I have no idea how to install it, and what I need to do to prep and how to get back to retail. If anyone would like to be nice and make a guide or link threads I would love you forever

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It most certainly does thanks to the 2nd init. There are a few quirks and bugs though but were getting close to squashing those. Anyways what you need to do is SBF to .330 stock moto rom. Then root and install the D2 boot strapper. After that boot into recovery and then choose to install the CM zip. Afterwards you can uninstall the D2 boot strapper and install the CM one OR you can keep using the D2 bootstrapper. Just remove the Rom manager apk from the CM zip file.

Jorona

Reaction score
Last time I checked on Root it was still in Alpha. Have they made alot of progress? Wasn't gonna suggest a unstable buggy setup for someone completely new to D2G "Hacking"

Last edited:

aceoyame

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you get currentweb's build in the same thread the only things not working are the auto light, orientation, and accelerometer sensors. Also the camcorder doesn't work. The camcorder won't work until we get GB because we need a few OMX libraries from it. As far as the other sensors were close to getting orientation and accelerometer working.

I have a barebones build I made myself and with fission I was pulling 16 Mflop/s and with CM I am getting 20. So it's a nice step up + the other features. I find that I don't even use any of the sensors not working so I have a fully working phone as far as I am concerned. Of course I have been helping to get the other stuff working though.