need help with bootanimation

Shelooga

Reaction score
last night i created a bootanimation. zipped and signed it with 7zip..it worked, but it was junk. so i modified it today at work. i zipped it with rootexplorer, then signed it with zipsigner. moved it over to data/local via rootexplorer and it worked fine, but still garbagy looking. so i pulled it again, added more images to smooth it out, zipped it with rootexplorer, signed it with zipsigner and when it booted all i got was the black screen (just like when i tried adding a new bootanim without siginging it first). so i retried. same thing. so i zipped it with andro zip, signed it with zipsigner; no dice. so then i tried zipping it with rootexplorer and signing it with signapktic. then zipping with androzip and signing it with signapktic. and none of this is working now. i keep getting the black screen as if the file is not signed.
can anybody help?

ps i am trying to do it all from my phone since i dont have access to 7zip at the moment

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I really can't help you since I only use 7zip. But I will try.

How many images do you have in each folder, part0 and part1? What's your FPS set at in your desc.txt?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score
I really can't help you since I only use 7zip. But I will try.

How many images do you have in each folder, part0 and part1? What's your FPS set at in your desc.txt?

//Tap'd on CM8's DX w/DF app\\

10fps and 80 in 0 and 110 in 1.

works in 7zip.. im home now. im going to clean it up a little more over the weekend and remove my tag on it and post it up.
i tried to mimic the dancing Bust a Move droid ive seen on a commercial recently. kinda dumb but it goes with a theme im trying to put together