Need help with apps!

miniflyboy

Reaction score
Hey all,

Newbie to the site, I have searched past posts and have not found anything in the help area for this..

My Motorola droid, after installing an update from a task killer, started to reboot itself every 5 mins. I didn't know what it was, so I started deleting a bunch of apps and found it was the task killer.

Now, here is where the fun begins. I uninstalled 2 games. I thought they were uninstalled but when I went back to games in the market and saw those two games, it said they were installed on my device. When I go to settings>applications....I dont see it. When I select it from the market the "open" and "uninstall" buttons at the bottom of the screen are non-selectable........HELP!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have you tried a good old fashioned battery pull? I would try that first take it out for at least 30 seconds. Then after that if it still is acting up you may consider doing a device wipe and then reinstalling those apps. Good luck. BTW I use Task Panel, and I've never had an issue with that. It gets updates frequently.

OP
M

miniflyboy

Reaction score
Thanks Hook,

I am trying that now and I am installing Task Panel, just another question, If I do a full wipe, do I lose my settings, apps, pictures, all of that? Just wondering.

Mike

frankieg22x

Reaction score
this happened to me with Home++ two days ago. I ended up resetting my phone, but backed everything up first.

Another member had a similar problem and he sent an email to the dev and was able to get the file. He then reinstalled the file from his sd card and then uninstalled it.

Other people say that it will go away over time.

I tried a battery pull and it didn't do anything. If you reset your phone it will be like right out of the box, unless you back it up first. Either way, you will still need to apply your settings.

OP
M

miniflyboy

Reaction score
WOW, thanks Frank, I think I am going to try to reset to fresh out of the box.....BTW, when these new versions of software come out like 2.1, how do you get them. I apologize if this is covered somewhere else, pls excuse the newbism

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, well, depends on the developer. to me since it was a free app to begin with, no reason why the APK couldnt be sent out email, I got it within a day.

If you go into the market, then help, and search, there's quite a bit of discussion on this issue, seems removing the cache file for vendor will also do it, but you need root to do that, and I, and the other member who brought it up to me, figured the easiest way to deal with this is to manually install, then uninstall thru market.

It might only get worse, depending on how they make the market, I read about how it may shift to where one can place the app charges to your VZ bill instead of having to pay with CC,etc.

How that app itself integrates itself with your phone is going to be fairly important as we move forwards.

For now, I recommend all uninstalls be done thru the market first, to avoid such cache issues until they recode it better.

frankieg22x

Reaction score
WOW, thanks Frank, I think I am going to try to reset to fresh out of the box.....BTW, when these new versions of software come out like 2.1, how do you get them. I apologize if this is covered somewhere else, pls excuse the newbism

I did the manual update when 2.0.1 was first released, but other members received an message on their phone asking to accept the update. I am assuming that 2.1 will be the same way. Just hang tight for a little bit, I heard that 2.1 is coming out at the end of January.

**And when you reset your phone, make sure everything is backed up. I forgot the name of the app that I used.