Need help w/WiFi conflict

robbo323

Reaction score
Solved my intermittent wifi drop-out w/Froyo ROMs by using the Wifi Static app. However, I am now getting an IP address conflict error message on my PC and losing that internet connection! Any WiFi gurus out there w/advice to make the two play nice together?

MinskyBA

Reaction score
Solved my intermittent wifi drop-out w/Froyo ROMs by using the Wifi Static app. However, I am now getting an IP address conflict error message on my PC and losing that internet connection! Any WiFi gurus out there w/advice to make the two play nice together?

You'll want to set your PC to have a static IP within a range of reserved addresses as specified in your router.

...now in english:
Your router serves IP address from a range you can specify. Usually it'll give out anything from 192.168.1.1 to 192.168.1.255. You can reserve some of this space for static address, so restrict DHCP to say 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.50. Then you can set any device to have a static IP in the non-used range: 192.168.1.51 to 192.168.1.255.

There are 250 apartments available on Spooner street. Apartments 1-100 are reserved for certain people, you can make reservations. The rest are available for anyone. Try to use a reserved one that someone else is using and there's a conflict.