Need help w/rooting instructions for Driod Charge

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by MTsang, Dec 4, 2011.

1. MTsang

MTsang New Member

Hi, I just got my GB 2.3.6. Update over the weekend on my Driod Charge, not happy because it screw up one of my app "wifi hotspot" (free after one time fee $4.99). It used to work faultlessly provide free wifi to my samsung tablet, now it can not connect & not compatible with it until the developer do update on their end.

However, I found another app "Andriod Routing" that I want to use but phone needs rooting before app can be use. The developer gave me a list of instruction below which I dont quite understand. Can someone verify instructions below if this is the way to root a Samsung Driod Charge? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Note: My phone is in usb debug mode. I have a window xp, I dont know whats a x86 or x64? I see a Samsung driver for mobile phone on my desktop. Where should I start?

1. Make sure your phone is on USB Debug mode: (MENU > Settings > Applications > Developement > USB debugging = Checked )

2. For Windows x86 and x64 systems make sure that the Samsung Drivers are installed. You can get them here.

3. Extract the contents of GalaxyS_Vibrant_One-Click_Root.rar to a folder.

4. Connect your phone to your PC via the USB cable and launch the file "T-Mobile Vibrant One-Click Root.exe" file.

5. Click the "One-Click Root" button. This will launch a command shell follow the instructions in the CMD window

▶ Show quoted text

GalaxyS_One…rar

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
  2. chrstdvd

chrstdvd New Member

I just checked the Market to learn about this app you refer too, "Andriod Routing or Rooting". It is not listed under either name. These instructions are for Rooting the phone, but I have never heard of any of the files it refers to. I would be cautious and dig around on the rooting instructions on this or other forums before I used the files you refer to.

I also checked why you would be using a Galaxy S file on the Droid Charge. The post about this file over at xda was posted back in 2010.

I advise you not to use it because I think you will mess up your phone (BRICK IT).

Look for link in post 4 of this thread, to learn proper rooting for 2.3.6
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-charge-hacks/185724-rooting-droid-charge.html
  3. Tinninches

Tinninches New Member

Search tags for this page

how to root droid charge 2.3.6

how to root samsung charge with firmware 2.3.6
root drod charge files
root droid.comcharge 2.3.6 one click