1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help w/ droid x root dilema

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by emsmonkey, Jun 28, 2011.

1. emsmonkey

emsmonkey New Member

Hi,

so i am running a droid x w/ froyo 2.2 version w/ z4 root and everything was running smooth as it should. Then i updated the phone to gingerbread without unrooting the phone first, (big mistake i know) so my problem started out that my adw launcher wouldnt launch properly and then the phone would freeze and crash. So i factory reseted it to delete everything and start from scratch. Bamm thats when i saw once it reseted that superuser was still installed and couldnt be deleted. So i ran z4 root on gingerbread to unroot my phone to remove superuser and no use, then i ran gingerbreak app to unroot and it wouldnt run.

So my problem is that i cant get rid of superuser w/ the rooted droid x that i updated to gingerbread without unrooting it first. Is there any way i can get rid of superuser before i send it back to verizon so they wont see how i voided the warranty? Please help please.
  2. Thedroidstr

Thedroidstr New Member

Just buy root explorer from the market and erase the file containing the superuser app you might not be rooted though, in that case you can't use that app. Google doroot and run the dounroot bat file that will work