need help Verizon not helping me

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by ctjoe, Aug 1, 2011.

1. ctjoe

ctjoe New Member

I had a conversation with a verizon rep on phone Thursday. They agree Fascinate had issues and offered me either the Charge, Incred2 or Droid X2. I said let me research models and call me monday. They called and said they never mentioned the Charge. They said choices were Cred2,X2 or Droid2. I know thats not the offer and can see on other forums that the 1st choices are correct. Help. I am looking for any emails,notices,announcements or even members who have had this same choice to maybe help. They Are Screwing Me. I contacted the FCC and they will help me if I can get documentation. Thanks folks
  2. smokiedabong

smokiedabong New Member

So let me get this straight , you want to replace your one year old , 3G $150 phone with a new , 4G $500 phone and VZ is screwing you ? How's that ?
    What kind of issue does it have ? Is it specific to your phone or to all the Galaxy S phones ?
  3. mozar

mozar New Member

i was a fascinate user that had the problem where i wasn't getting all my calls to my phone. they offered me the Charge, Inc2, and the droid x2. i took the Droid Charge.

I have heard since i switched last week a new update is out for the fascinate, but not sure what the update fixed.
  4. mozar

mozar New Member

when you updated from 2.1 to 2.2 on the fascinate some phones were have problems where people would call them but they never would receive them.
  5. ctjoe

ctjoe New Member

Serios missed calls problems/ Verizon was offering that. I got screwed because they have amnesia. BTW Many people got the Charge as a replacement. The Charge runs the same was as the Fascinate. All other phones run programs differently that is why they offered that. Also same screen as Fascinate. Only difference is 4g and 4g not in my area. BTW that was Verizons policy
  6. nikecar

nikecar New Member

It been reported fascinate owners get a charge, the inc2 and another Droid as warranty replacement due to the phone's issues. I'm trying to tell my coworkers with one to swap. His wife calls and he doesn't get them neither my texts.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums
  7. Mr. Toad

Mr. Toad New Member

I received a Droid Charge as a replacement for the Fasicinate. The Fascinate was not receiving phone calls. I read the Verizon stopped offering replacements this past Friday, with the release of the OTA update.
  8. VZW_CS

VZW_CS New Member

Samsung Fascinate Substitution Offer

Hi ctjoe,

Thanks to all forum members for the input regarding the substitution offer options (discontinued program) for the Samsung Fascinate. Please keep in mind that a device substitution offer had been implemented to address the issues with missed calls on the Fascinate while a software update was released by manufacturer to resolve the issue.

My resources indicate that as of July 28, 2011, the Samsung Fascinate substitution program has been discontinued as the release of software version i500.ED05 for the Samsung Fascinate has resolved the missing calls issue and the Samsung Fascinate cannot be replaced with a different phone any longer.

To resolve issue please update software. For detailed instructions please follow the link below:

Software Update: Samsung Fascinate

VZW_CS
    Follow us on Twitter at VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter
  9. rexd1976

rexd1976 New Member

Looks like you shouldn't have waited to "research models and call me monday". oops
  10. chin2334

chin2334 New Member

They only replace phones with the closest models they have the charge is 4g if your phone is not 4g then you wont have that as an option. If a rep gave you that option they made a mistake and even if they put it through the supervisor who authorizes it would deny it. They did it for a time and realized the big mistake lol

Sent from my SCH-I510 using DroidForums
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2011