need help unrooting

jrodizkool01

Reaction score
You don't need to go through all of the trouble of trying to unroot your device if it has a problem. My last rooted Droid had some issues with its screen and I just went to Verizon to show the reps the problem and within a couple of days, I received a new Droid as a replacement and shipped back my broken one. Also, a friend of mine had problems with his Droid's keyboard when some of the letters wouldn't be recognized and although he had a custom rom on his phone, he was able to exchange it without charge and didn't run into any problems. I remember that I was worried about having a rooted phone at first but it never ended up being a problem.

OP
B

bryanjames70

Reaction score
thanx that is what i just did new phone comming on sat or tue

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't need to go through all of the trouble of trying to unroot your device if it has a problem. My last rooted Droid had some issues with its screen and I just went to Verizon to show the reps the problem and within a couple of days, I received a new Droid as a replacement and shipped back my broken one.

If you're stuck you're stuck. I'd feel much better returning a stock phone than a rooted one. You're right that they probably don't care but it would be just my luck. However, I'd rather return a busted rooted phone than have no phone at all.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I had a broken 'up' volume key and had to do a factory reset from my settings menu since I couldn't access their bootloader.... I sent it back that way and they never did say anything .......