need help typing on Facebook.

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
I have zero issues typing through text messages or email but whenever I do it on Facebook through the app or browser versions it just jumbles up everything I type & nearly impossible to correct it. Anyone else encounter this issue and resolve it?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Are you running the stock keyboard? Or do you have a 3rd party keyboard installed?

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Facebook did an update recently and since it did my keyboard acts up on their mobile site as well. Every other website works fine and it was fine before the update so I'm pointing at Facebook as the culprit. How I work around it is manually space after each word and punctuation.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Fliptroniks

Reaction score
Twitter
twitter.com/fliptroniks
When I was using my s5 I was always having problems with the facebook app. Try using a different browser if your not already using google chrome. You can try firefox, opera, or puffin. The loading times should be fine on all of those browsers and it doesnt take long to download a new one onto your galaxy s5 to see if the facebook problems discontinue.:)

drunkclever

Reaction score
I was tired of dealing with this freaking app.... I deleted it. Instead what I do is bookmark it on my browser... I dont need to be hounded for game request or all that other stuff. Besides the app was digging into my battery life.... as well as my ram. I just use the browser for fb. No more worries.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I was tired of dealing with this freaking app.... I deleted it. Instead what I do is bookmark it on my browser... I dont need to be hounded for game request or all that other stuff. Besides the app was digging into my battery life.... as well as my ram. I just use the browser for fb. No more worries.
Yup, me too, I have a bookmark shortcut on my homepage for the FB mobile site, so it's just one click away when I want it. When I first open it, it's always pestering me to install the app, no thanks! the mobile web site works just fine for me, and no battery drain or annoying notification spam.

OP
stevenlf82

stevenlf82

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
@stevenlf512
Yup, me too, I have a bookmark shortcut on my homepage for the FB mobile site, so it's just one click away when I want it. When I first open it, it's always pestering me to install the app, no thanks! the mobile web site works just fine for me, and no battery drain or annoying notification spam.

Right on guys,after installing a few different browsers, dolphin is the only one that works correctly. I recently upgraded from the razr maxx & uninstalled fb app from it due to battery draining issues & thought i was doomed with having to install it on this phone until the typing issue then i thought i was going to have to constantly use the speech option for my statuses & comments lol.