Need help trouble shooting UD boot loop

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Sniper_5, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

UD1.0.0, last thing I flashed was a slayher 1.6 1200 kernel. Phone ran flawlessly for days on this kernel. Reboot, boot loop, pull battery, same. Reboot into recovery, install backup( recently did a new back up with new kernel) and ran fine again. Reboot today, boot loop again, flashed backup 3 times no luck. I'd really like to be able to recover my UD rom. Any thoughts? or am I looking at square one again? if that's the case I'm back on ss4.8 and ill just go to 4.9 for a while.

Sent from my D1 on SS4.8 @ 1.2Ghz
  2. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Yeah, I'd say a wiper/reinstall of UD1.0.0 ... or keep kernel shopping.

Have you added any new apps in the past few days?
  3. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Just a cpu temp widget and a battery widget. Any way to drop a kernel in my backup files? or must it be flashed while in the rom? because right now I'm on ss4.8 so I'd have forum access ( no computer)

4. YankInDaSouth

You could just download a kernel (or several). If you use ROM Manager reboot into recovery, select install ROM from SD card, navigate to you download folder and install.

Of course if you using SPR you'll have to use a file manager to first rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your SD card, etc.
  5. YankInDaSouth

And just an FYI, I typically keep a folder of just kernels on my SD card. This way if I encounter a boot loop I can just battery pull, reboot into recovery and install a new kernel - much faster that restoring a backup IMO.

Just some food for thought ....
  6. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Yeah I have a file of kernels, one for ROMS, and one for themes, all categorized and labelled appropriately lol. So I can flash back to my ud, then when it loops, pull the battery, move to clockwork, and flash another kernel? I'm not sure why I didn't think about that... Lol ill give it a shot here shortly and update. If it was a success you'll see my sig change lol. Oye

7. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

OK well I'm back in my UD ROM, flashed back to chevy kernel. Know any compcache kernels at mv1.2ghz? I really liked the way the phone performed at that level, but obviously it didn't like something about his kernel. I'm still at 1.2ghz...

Sent from my D1 on UD @ 1.2Ghz
  8. YankInDaSouth

A while back I decided to forego speed for stability ... I stopped using any kernel over 1.0 and often only set it at 800. Ever since I've had nothing but good temps, battery life and overall performance from any ROM I run ...

Just my $0.02 of course ...
  9. YankInDaSouth

I just realized I never answered your question :laugh:

I know cvpcs kernels have compcache, but don't know how well they play with other ROMs ...
  10. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Yeah I hear ya. I've been running cool and stable with 8 hour battery life under heavy use since I flashed chevy 4.7 I was at 1.ghz, 4.8 and UD both ran stable on chevy 1.2, it was either the Slayher kernel, or the combination of that and compcache. I have no clue what voltage the Slayher kernel was running at either as I didn't see that info anywhere. So if it was ul or lv that would have been a problem. I'm probably going to try a Slayher 1.1 or 1ghz to keep compcache. My phone lags under 800mhz ever since I first overclocked.

11. Sniper_5

Sniper_5 New Member

Well I've got two backup's made now, one at 1200 no compcache, the other on a 1ghz Slayher on compcache. Going to run each for a while and see which performs better. Thanks for the help.