need help to correct- E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command

altern8nrg

Reaction score
OK, so I drown my droid in an unfortunate accident. It took a quick dip in a puddle of water while powered on. It was powered down immediately thoroughly dried and can be started to the system recovery with the message: E:Can't open /cache/recovery/command.

My guess is the SD card was fried. I have not placed it in an adapter and checked it out yet.

How should I proceed?
I obviously want to fake out verizon/warranty and get this thing working without VW Tech assistance. any chance this can be corrected.

I basically want to reload the android OS stack... at least that is what I am thinking it needs. I am a newb and not much of a techie but can follow directions.

Are there any other threads on this or related topic? not too much time to search and have resorted to using an old moto Q dinosaur.

help please...:eek:

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I don't think that has anything to do with your sd card. Either there's still some moisture shorting something out (can take days or even longer to fully dry out) or permanent damage has occurred.
You could try a factory reset if it will boot into recovery. Turn it off, turn it back on while holding X on the physical keyboard until the Motorola logo is gone and you have an android screen. Next press Volume Up and Camera button at the same time. That should take you to a menu that you can choose factory reset from using the D-pad.

You probably wont be able to fake out the verizon tech either. I believe they have a moisture sensing sticker inside that tells them if the phone has gotten wet.

Maybe someone else will have more promising input...