Need Help/Suggestion with VERY simple app

theitcrowd

Reaction score
First off, I work in the IT department at a business and am in charge of the phones. We are currently deploying Droid X2s and to reduce the amount of calls that I receive I have created a help/troubleshooting document that I want to send out to people. To get them to use it, I want to make it available for them directly on their phones. I also want them to be able to access it without them having a data connection (just incase that is the problem).

I want to be able to create icon on the home screen on the phone that they can just click on to access this document. I don't know if there is an easy way to just download a PDF or word document on the phone and then I can create an icon for it on their home screen. Or if I would need to create an app that I could just download on the phone before I sent it out to the users

Just wanted to see what would be the easiest way to go about this? Any suggestions is much appreciated!! Thanks!!

robobrain

Reaction score
You could probably preload a pdf into a reader app and make a shortcut to it on the home screen. There's no way to link to a document from the stock android install as far as I know though.