Need Help, Serious Problem

xXbrick84Xx

Reaction score
My moto droid won't charge!! I'm running bb0.4 and last night I had it plugged in and it was charging, had about 30% battery, I installed a new kernel via SPrecovery and when I booted up it said connect your charger, had 0 battery and even tho my charger was connected, kept saying it. It stays on like its charging when I have it plugged in but when I unplug it it just dies. I know your only supposed to install updates and stuff if you have more than 60% battery, but it was plugged in and I've done it before like that. I don't think I can do a nandroid restore because of my battery percent being 0.... could I just buy a new battery or is my phone toast??

Please help I can't live without my phone lol....
Brick

brando56894

Reaction score
You probably flashed a kernel that was meant for 2.1, download another froyo kernel and try it again. I made this mistake when froyo was just released and was like wtf??

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, incompatible kernels can cause funky things to happen. Also, try rebooting your phone. Sometimes they just need a good reboot every once in a while.
I know with my extended battery it'll show that it's draining like the normal battery and I'll have about 20-40% left when I leave work, but a quick reboot shows that I actually have 70-80%.