Need Help Running Custom Boot animation plz!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Adjutant, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Adjutant

Adjutant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright im new to this forum, and i specifically joined because i need help with this particular problem. Im trying to download and run a custom boot animation that i found on youtube. It is called Red Rage v0.3. I have a Droid 2 and it is rooted.

Here is a link to the video i found:

It was more of a vid to show off the animation rather than a tutorial on how to get it. So i tried to figure out how to do it myself through some research. I am currently trying to accomplish this by means of these methods:

Download: Droid Life Custom Boot Animation - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

None of these methods have worked and ill list why, so that maybe you can help me fix the problem.
    NOTE: I noticed i dont have a data/local folder.

1. (using root explorer) first of all, i couldnt find the free version if there is one on the market. so i tried using astro, and i could have accomplished the task, if i had a data/local folder.

2. I have terminal emulator and typed in the listed commands, but when i get to the "cp sdcard/bootanimation.zip /data/local" it says "no such file directory". AGAIN, the problem could be that i dont have that data/local

3.Lastly I downloaded all the SDK files and placed all zips in correct spots and opened my command prompt. but when i issue a certain command, again "no such file directory". So if the problem is no data/local, how do i solve that, and if not, what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

2. Adjutant

Adjutant New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    problem solved! thanks anyways