Need Help! Running 1.0 and need to get back to stock!

BullDroid

Reaction score
I have to send my phone in for warranty issues (physical keyboard literally coming apart) So i need to get my phone from Sapphire 1.0 back to anything that is stock and not rooted. Any help is greatly appreciated and yes I have looked around but didn't really find anything that had been updated in awhile. Thanks guys!

*EDIT* Nevermind! It looks like I got DMupdater to work and am downloading 2.2(no root) as i type. Next question is.. What is the best way to get rooted on my new Droid that will most likely have 2.2 stock on it as well?

Last edited:

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can grab stock 2.2 FRG01B off of ROM Manager, it says there it has an "unrooted/rooted" choice...the only thing I'm not sure about is going back to stock recovery, you probably need to flash an .sbf.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh, here, I found this:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

Ok, I need to get back to a stock phone. how do I do this? (box option 04)
Getting back to stock (SBF method):

You will need to have RSD Lite installed to flash the stock 2.01 sbf file for Motorola Droid.

Download the following file:
2.01 stock sbf file
Connect your phone to the PC via USB and turn it off then while your phone is booting hold up on the DPAD.
Run RSD Lite 4.6 as Administrator (For all you Vista and 7 folks out there. If you are using XP you may not need to run as Administrator)
If your phone is not displayed in the "model" column you may need to do the following:
Select the "config" option from the upper left corner of the tool
Select DeviceId Options
Select one of the two options available. By default neither are chosen, and my phone shows up fine with neither one selected.
Click the [...] next to the filename box and browse to where you saved the .sbf file you want to use and double click the .sbf file.
Hit start and below it should give you completion progress.
Your phone will reboot and you will be on a stock 2.01 phone with no root installed.
Credit to ikithme for the original post, Unroot/Unbrick your phone using .sbf, which I've altered slightly here.

You now are on a stock phone, unrooted, just like when you first got your phone. You can apply the OTA (over the air) update files to get to the current version.

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply pdroid! Im currently have it on stock 2.2 but it still has SPRecover .99.3b installed. Is there a way to change it back to stock without doing the rsdlite method? Should I even worry about it and just send it back like it is now? Thanks again!

OP
B

BullDroid

Reaction score
Ok guess im gonna have to go the SBF method when I get home. Ill report back later and let you know how it went! Thanks for the help pdroid! much appreciated!