1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

need help rooting droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by agooden4, Dec 22, 2009.

1. agooden4

agooden4 New Member

I have windows vista and I've watched a few tutorials on how to root the droid but I seem to be having a little trouble. I don't want to take the risk of bricking my phone, so I turned to droid forum for help. After downloading the "droid-root.zip" or "droid-superuser.zip" how can I be absolutely sure that is the correct file to add to my SD card? Also on top of that I extracted the files from the zipped folder and it had two files one labeled "system", the other "META-INF". Can I put it into a new file and rename the file "update.zip" and still get the same result when proceeding to root the droid?
  2. tdawg5480

tdawg5480 New Member

the droid superuser is the one I used.....redownload it since you extracted it unless you didnt delete the zip file then your fine.
    rename the superuser.zip to update.zip case sensitive i believe If your on vista or win7 you just rightclick rename to update as the file extension of .zip will be hidden anyways
    drag onto the root of your sdcard do not place in a folder.
    reboot holding X you will get a triangle like image on the screen
    then press volume up and the camera button
    you will see a list of choices choose the one to update from sdcard or however its named on there
    run it
    wait till its done reboot enjoy

PS use search there are many instructions on here look for boostdnscoobs compilation its what i used .....trusted tutorial
Search tags for this page

droid-superuser.zip