1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need Help Rooting Droid 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by The Droid Man, Jun 10, 2010.

1. The Droid Man

The Droid Man New Member

Here are the details:

I am on a Macbook Pro.
    I am running Windows 7 64bit using VMware Fusion 3.1
    I am trying to root my Droid
    I downloaded and installed the Motorola 64bit USB drivers.
    I downloaded the SPRecovery.sbf thing
    I downloaded and installed RSDLite 4.6

I am trying to flash the sbf image onto my phone but it doesn't seem to be working. RSDLite gets to 100% progress really quickly and gives me a FAIL status. The phone also never reboots as it is supposed to.

Can anyone help me out with the problem?
  2. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose Super Moderator Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I have had that message before as well but when I powered off my phone and held the x and power button to power back on I was able to enter recovery. I was told once that RSDLite is very temperamental and that in my case to ignore the "fail" and move on. So I would suggest to try and see if you are able to enter into recovery and then if you are move on to the next step of creating a nandroid backup.
  3. The Droid Man

The Droid Man New Member

I tried that and it doesn't work!

I've also tried to flash the sbf file onto the phone multiple times and it FAILS no matter what. I've checked that i installed all the right drivers and downloaded the right program and I'm doing everything right but it just won't work! I really want to root my phone. What could be the problem here?

I'm virtualizing windows 7 in OSX btw. Do you think running windows natively would solve the problem? (although i see NO reason it shouldn't work under virtualization).

***I've jailbroken many Ipods and Iphones so I'm not retarded when it comes to this kind of stuff. Plus I'm just a technology nerd in general :)
  4. The Droid Man

The Droid Man New Member

Here is the full message I get:

"Failed flashing process. Failed flashing process. Phone[0000]: Phone did not re-enumerate after RAM-downloader was sent. [0x703E]; phone disconnected"
Search tags for this page

vmware rsd phone did not re-enumerate after ram-downloader w