Need HELP! ripoff?

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones Forum' started by Ashykut513, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Ashykut513

Ashykut513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s4
    Hello.
    I signed up for this forum specifically so I could post this and get advice so I apologize if this is not in the right area and mods please feel free to move it to where it belongs.. so here is my question.

I woke up the other day to my phone smashed (Samsung galaxy s4 on the att network)

**I also have another old galaxy s4 that I use for the internet only now through my wifi at home.. this one works perfectly fine I jus no longer have sprint..

I went to have the broken att galaxy looked at by an independent smartphone seller/phone fixer guy.. he told me the screen is cracked all the way and the LED needs to be replaced.. told me it would cost $300.

BUT HE OFFERED TO SELL ME AN unlocked LG G2 for $200..if I gave him my two galaxy smartphones along w their two otterbox cases.. he said the broken phone is useless and he'd just be parting it out, and since the other galaxy is connected to sprint network it is also useless unless sold to a sprint customer.. so he told me that hes giving me a great deal.

Also.. I have a 1yr old baby girl whos 1st steps are on that smashed phone along w countless other pics. As part of the deal he would retreive them off the broken phone for me and put on a micro sd card for me.. the pictures were the most important thing to me and he essentially told me he was the only 1 whos be able to get them off..

My question is, am I getting ripped off or is he really trying to help me and give me a deal? I do not know much about phones and am usually trusting but dont want to be taken advantage of..
    PLEASE HELP ANY INPUT WOULD REALLY HELP..

Sorry so long!! Thanks guys
    Ashley

2. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,037
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    I don't know if he gave you a deal or not, but do know that the G2 is a fantastic phone.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ashykut513

Ashykut513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s4
    Yeah I really dont know if I should do this

4. Ashykut513

Ashykut513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s4
    Am I able to take the sim card out of the smashed galaxy phone and retreive the pictures myself?

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,037
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Sure. You can buy a sim reader that plugs into your PC for less than $10.

6. tommyg562000

tommyg562000 Active Member

Ratings:
    +41
    I don't think the Sim card stores pictures, so I'm not sure how useful that would be. If you had a SD card in your S4 and told the phone to save pictures there you could plug that into your computer.

7. bigmatt503

bigmatt503 Active Member

Ratings:
    +54
    You can also look on swappa and buy a lg g2 for a little over 200 outright then sell your good sprint s4 for at least 200.....in my opinion this guy's deal is not a good deal...go check out swappa. Com

Sent from my rooted Verizon galaxy s5

• Like Like x 1
  8. Georgekg

Georgekg New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you can power on your broken phone you can connect it to your pc/laptop and retrieve pictures by yourself. Phones, mostly, connecting to the pc as a media device, so I think that you don't need screen to be turned on (you didn't tell does your screen showing anything) to connect your phone to the pc. Also you should see for yourself (as someone mentioned) what is the price that you could get for your phones on swappa or e-bay and what is the price of mentioned LG on those services and then decide is it really the best deal to go to metioned shop or buy/sell phones through e-bay/swappa services

9. Ashykut513

Ashykut513 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Current Phone Model:
    samsung galaxy s4
    Hey guys.. so I actually. Went through with the deal and I am LOVING my new g2.
    To answer the question, no my screen on the broken galaxy4 did not turn on.. it didn't show anything at all. I think my daughter stepped on it or dropped it.. but either way I traded both galaxy's (the broken cracked screen that needed a new screen and had a broken LCD.. and the other galaxy that was working fine. But was only allowed to be used on the Sprint network) and he gave me the LG g2 for 200 which I.am.happy with bc he is going to retrieve both phones pictures and videos for me and put them on a card.. it is definitely taking me some getting used to having the buttons on the back of my phone as well as having to hit both back buttons to take a screenshot, but I think once I get use to this I will be really happy switching from the galaxy to the g2...

Can anyone recommend a good sturdy case that is comparable to the otter box cases.. but for the LG g2? I don't want to spend a fortune but I have a little girl that no matter where I put or hide my phone she seems to g her hands.. and her teeth on!! Haha thanks again to everyone that helped!!!
    Xoxox

10. Jerbear2011

Jerbear2011 New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I believe you may have been ripped off. As others said you could get the g2 on craigslist swappa or eBay for 200 or less and sell your working s4 for 200.

Talpatalk'n from my VS985 4G

• Like Like x 1
  11. UltraDroid

UltraDroid Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +555
    Current Phone Model:
    Note 3, straight stock
    You really should take whatever steps are necessary to keep all of your smartphones away from children under the age of 18. For the price we pay for these delicate electronic devices, it is *insanity* to let a two or three year old get within five feet of one of them.

Sent from my Note 3, using magic ...

12. taquialisenby

taquialisenby New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Search tags for this page

how can i move my contact to att phone sd card not displaying the

how to check if lg g2 is unlocked

pictures of taquialisenby