need help returning to stock

sin vicious

Reaction score
Can someone give me a hand and explain how to return to stock. I have the "Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release" at hand.. but im not too sure how to load this file on my phone and get it installed.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Are you sure Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_ N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release is a stock image?

Why do you need to go back to stock?

Didnt you make a stock image backup of yours after you rooted?

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
Are you sure Mecha_VERIZON_WWE_1.12.605.6_Radio_1.16.00.0223r_ N V_8k_1.41_9k_1.64_release is a stock image?

Why do you need to go back to stock?

Didnt you make a stock image backup of yours after you rooted?

This was the leak prior to release. I believe this will unroot and return me back to stock version. I have light leakage and want to exchange it.. I believe when rooting it downgrades your software and radio version also.. doesn't it?

Last edited:

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok sorry, yeah just put this file on your sd card, boot into rom man, select install from zip, wipe cache and let er rip. SHould bring it back for you.

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
Ok sorry, yeah just put this file on your sd card, boot into rom man, select install from zip, wipe cache and let er rip. SHould bring it back for you.

didnt work, it says error aborted.. when you say boot into Rom your talking about CW recovery right? I applied the file and it just continues to abort. I made sure it was placed on the root of my SD card.

cnmsales

Reaction score
Do you have rom manager installed? If not install it.

Once installed go into it and make sure it shows you have the most current version of CWM installed.

Now click on INSTALL FROM SD, and point it to your File your wanting to flash. Select the backup and wipe option. Let it rip.

Let us know how it goes for you.

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
Do you have rom manager installed? If not install it.

Once installed go into it and make sure it shows you have the most current version of CWM installed.

Now click on INSTALL FROM SD, and point it to your File your wanting to flash. Select the backup and wipe option. Let it rip.

Let us know how it goes for you.

You da man.. worked like a charm.. I was rebooting in recovery and thought it was the safest way.. but doing in straight from rom manager was the ticket!

Matthew Jackson

Reaction score
i need help please... i think my droid x is bricked .... i installed liberty 1.5 rom and when i was in the process i must have messed up. when i turn on my phone liberty comes on screen and thats it. its like it is frozen or doesnt have any data to load. when i plug it in to my pc the green light comes on and thats it and i have to pull battery out in order to get it to go off or it dies on its own. Is my phone bricked ? if so is there any hope for it or will i need to get a new phone?

OP
S

sin vicious

Reaction score
i need help please... i think my droid x is bricked .... i installed liberty 1.5 rom and when i was in the process i must have messed up. when i turn on my phone liberty comes on screen and thats it. its like it is frozen or doesnt have any data to load. when i plug it in to my pc the green light comes on and thats it and i have to pull battery out in order to get it to go off or it dies on its own. Is my phone bricked ? if so is there any hope for it or will i need to get a new phone?

Hey matthew i think your best bet is to go to the droidx forums.. they might be able to help.