1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help returning back to stock 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by scott16150, May 17, 2011.

1. scott16150

scott16150 New Member

Hey guys I have a droid x with rooted gingerbread 2.3.3. I have been experiencing some bugs that are really starting to annoy me. I would like to return back to the stock which was 2.1. To be honest I am a noob so sorry if this has an easy explanation.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I don't think anybody can get you an sbf to 2.1. 2.2, yes that is available.

Did you do a wipe after you installed gingerbread? That will probably solve your issue.
  3. scott16150

scott16150 New Member

Ok then I have the dxgbrooted update how do I start fresh with gingerbread. Some issues I had was the camera and camcorder apps would freeze and the keyboard is very glitchy.
  4. Shad0www

Shad0www New Member

Stock for the Droid x now is 2.2.1 so that is what you would want to downgrade to. There are two options to get to stock on the droid x.

The first (recommended) way is to use a computer, a program called rsd lite, a .sbf file, usb cable, and of course your phone. This returns your X to out of the box new condition.

The second way is to flash a file called maderstcok.zip which claims to take you back to stock.

If you want to really return to stock let me know which rout you want to go and ill link you to the tutorial.

Also if you like Gingerbread we can troublshoot and see if we can get your problems solved. So if you want to go this rout answer these questions:

Did you wipe data/cache before you flashed?
    What version of gingerbread did you flash? (.588, .595, etc)
    What tutorial did you use to flash?

Sent from my DROIDX
  5. scott16150

scott16150 New Member

I followed this tutorial
    I would love to keep gingerbread though. I downloaded Camera360 Unlimited and it works great. I just wish there was an app for the camcorder.
  6. Shad0www

Shad0www New Member

Okay so it looks like you are running the very first gingerbread leak which is .573 and the newest is .595.

So what I suggest is flashing the newest leak .595 and all your problems will most likely be solved. So just download one of the files below:

Stock rooted deodexed (for themes) - http://goo.gl/OL0yy

Or

Stock rooted odexed (better if you don't use themes) - http://goo.gl/Vmycr

Then
    1. backup your apps/data with Titanium or your preferred app.
    2. bootstrap and reboot into recovery with D2 bootstrapper app by KOUSH
    3. Wipe data and cache
    4. Choose and install .zip from sdcard that you downloaded from above
    5. When finished press back then reboot system now
    6. Enjoy!

NOTE: Be patient it will take a while to boot up the first time 5-10 minutes? But no longer then 15 minutes.

NOTE2: I'm not responsible for anything that goes wrong but will gladly help troubleshoot.

Sent from my DROIDX
Search tags for this page

droid x 2.1 downgrade

how to return to android 2.1 from 2.3

how to roll back android 2.2

roll back droid x to 2.1