Need Help restoring, Permissions denied

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Dynamite Shikoku, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Dynamite Shikoku

Dynamite Shikoku New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Previously I had everything worked out with permissions etc working. But that was a good year maybe 2 years ago. My Droid is a Motorola Droid 1.

Now today, i decided I'd might and see what superoneclick would do. Well, stupidly it went and dogged my phone down to not being able to boot. It would roll at the load screen and then keep cycling over and over never getting past the loading screen animation.

Luckily though i had ROM Manager and made a backup last month. So today I hard reset, wiped data and booted to stock but it's at 2.2.3 and when i tried to root with Superoneclick i get Superuser but i get NO permissions. So i am here futile trying to restore my system with rom manager getting constantly denied. SuperUser is even being denied to update it's binaries. What i am missing? I go to Superuser and set to allow all but still getting denied.

What i did:
    1. Wiped droid, factory reset (using power button X, vol.up camera method) but restores to 2.2.3
    2. Superoneclick 2.0 root (should i use a different version of superoneclick?) w/ auto exploit
    3. Rom Manager system restore but getting denied, eve superuser is getting denied to update binaries.

I am getting no permissions at all. Is it because of the nature that is 2.2.3? Why did my droid reset back to 2.2.3? Is there a way to reset back to 2.1 or something?

2. Dynamite Shikoku

Ratings:
    +0
    Hold up, just rooted with superoneclick 1.7 w/ rageinthecage, so far permissions granted and system is recovering, HOLY****!!!

How long does it take for a system to restore? The bar is moving SLOWWWWWWWWWW...

3. Dynamite Shikoku

Ratings:
    +0
    System restored, it's as if nothing ever happened!

Search tags for this page

permissions keeps being denied when rooting droid 4

restore superuser permission

rom manager has been denied superuser permissions

rom manager is denied access all things root

tf201 rom manager has been denied superuser permission

why does superuser keep denying permission

why would rom manager be denied superuser permissions