Need help removing gingerbread on UNrooted Droid X

iheartchi04

Reaction score
Hi there (sorry if this is already a topic...I'm new to forums and I just desperately need help and I couldn't find this topic)

I successfully installed the 4.5.588 gingerbread on my Droid X a few weeks ago. It's been working find other than really bad battery life.

However, recently, it's been acting up. Every time I plug it in, it resets. It also has been doing some weird things more lately and just randomly freezing here and there despite not changing anything in the last few weeks. It also randomly disconnects from the network and I have to restart the phone to reconnect to the internet or to make phone calls.

I keep reading about SBF and all that, but I looked and I have the 30.04 bootloader instead of 30.03. Basically, I'm terrified of bricking my phone but I NEED HELP!! I feel like this is a disease on my phone and I need to remove gingerbread ASAP and go back to Froyo for now.

If I leave this gingerbread on, I won't ever get the official OTA update, will I?

If I want to take this gingerbread off of my UNrooted Droid X, how do I do that? I am fully capable of following detailed instructions. However, I was looking at one site and the bootloader issue scared me enough to stop and decide to post on my own.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BEFORE MY PHONE TOTALLY DIES!! :(

jchammer123

Reaction score
You installed gingerbread yourself without having your phone rooted? It wasn't an OTA?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Reaction score
If you started out unrooted, installed the leaked OTA update, and haven't rooted it either.............then Yes, you should get the official final OTA update when/if it gets released.

Steve

xan

Reaction score
sbf'ing with the linux .iso is easy peasy lemon squeezey.

zengruv

Reaction score
Would you please share that with me as well? Im having the exact same issue with mine.

Thanks

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums