Need Help Removing Clockwork / Receiving OTA Updates

adsfa34

Reaction score
Fair enough -- better safe than sorry imo. I love DF and I want it to stay clean so we can keep up all that we do for the android community.

:)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Dunnski21

Dunnski21

Reaction score
I have learned a lot starting this thread, thank you guys for your help. I have Metickone's rom downloaded and ready to install, but my friend apparently hasn't received the OTA notification in two days and doesn't want me to touch the phone because it is running so fast!. I will flash the rom and reply with the results when (or if) he wants me to do so.

OP
Dunnski21

Dunnski21

Reaction score
Hello again everybody.

After my buddy finally got tired of ignoring the OTA update, I attempted to push an update.zip containing the OTA that Furbearingmammal gave me. While flashing it I got an error message and an installation aborted message.

I finallly gave in and bought him Titanium backup pro, backed up everything on the phone, flashed Metickone's rom and restored everything with TiBu. The reason I got the pro version is that I didn't have to hit "install" for every single item that it restores, it just does it!

Thank you all for your help. It worked out in the end!

...I just hope the D1 doesn't get gingerbread anytime soon!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
Dunnski21

Dunnski21

Reaction score
Sounds like good news to me! Just purely from observation the gingerbread on nexus s looks like purely a cosmetic update. I haven't heard too many good thing about it honestly.

But who am I to judge, i'm just a noob :)

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I haven't heard one convincing reason to flash a current Gingerbread ROM onto a phone.

I like mine to work. ;)

Once they get it working I'm sure the awesomeness will be apparent, but until then I'm quite content to let them hack on it.

OP
Dunnski21

Dunnski21

Reaction score
I haven't heard one convincing reason to flash a current Gingerbread ROM onto a phone.

I like mine to work. ;)

Once they get it working I'm sure the awesomeness will be apparent, but until then I'm quite content to let them hack on it.

After lots of rom flashing when I first rooted, I found out that I like Google's version the best. The source built custom roms are pretty good, but I always catch myself saying "man, I wish I had the stock ____"

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I guess I got lucky, then. I flashed one ROM, hated it, went back to stock-rooted 2.1 till the first 2.2 leaks hit (loved them), and then when CM 6 hit I flashed that and have NEVER looked back because anything that's not stock is not stock for a reason -- it's just better. :D