need help really screwed something up

Discussion in 'Team Chaos' started by jbrock98, May 17, 2010.

1. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I downloaded ya'lls rom thru rom manager everything was fine liked it then I went back downloaded a few extra themes ya'll have to see what I liked the most, well I went into my clockwordmod folder picked a different theme chose wipe data and cache and back up rom then it did its thing and started booting back up after it installed, but after team chaos animation something came up and said it stopped unexpectingly I hit force close it skipped the sync my gmail and I only have the red theme with system apps and superninja user permission, except no gmail icon and market icon these are and where and my home button doesn't work, I don't have any apps I downloaded not rom manager and and way to get them I have and way of getting to market or syncing my phone with my account, I've restarted phone.... nothing, what has happened? What can I do? I can't get out of browser cause home button doesn't work, I have to turn it off and back on, plz help

2. RedBull

RedBull Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Jbrock...when applying a theme, don't do a wipe.

You'll select your rom, and google apps, then after the phone is done installing those from Clockwork, then go back into Rom Manager, select your theme and then allow it to install. You can back it up if you want...but you really aren't losing much if not. I never do. If you wipe, it clears out your rom and google apps and pretty much themes what is left if it can I believe.

If you can get back into Rom Manager, try it like described above. If not, turn your phone off, hold down the X and turn the power on. Restore to what you had before, and then try again from step one.

I hope this helps!

3. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You didn't install the google apps. Thats required for the home button to work and to get the market, gmail, etc.

*********** - online file sharing and storage - download update.zip

Thats the links for the google apps for this ROM.

Download it. transfer to you sd card. Then boot into recovery and install that.
    Using SPRecovery, you'll have to rename it to update.zip
    but if you have Clockwork recovry, just select the "choose zip to install"

That should take care of your issues.
    If not, report back here and we can assist further :)

4. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    oops. Didn't realize you wiped before applying the theme.
    yeah, not necessary.
    But you will have to load the google apps again to get the market going. Or you could just download the link to the ROM from here. Re-install it from the sd card. That will get you back to the basic ROM again. Then you could re-do all the theme stuff.

Did you make a back-up before installing the themes?
    If you did, just go back into boot recovery and restore the previous ROM

5. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I made a back up I did the hold x thing and restored my stock 2.1 with root back up everything is fine now, so what I did wrong was wiping cache? I downloaded like all themes I could and was gonna go thru them to see which I liked the most and when I went to change theme I did it like installing a new rom, I went in my clock work mod folder and clicked the theme and went thru the same process I went thru when I installed the team chaos rom

6. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick response guys, def gonna try that again when I wake up in the morning

7. carlz28

carlz28 Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm not sure what bgill recommends with applying a Team Chaos theme on top of another Team Chaos theme. I would assume as long as you are staying with the themes from ROM Manager, it should be okay to do one over another.
    But I personally think the most optimum way would be to install it over a clean/naked ROM.
    As long as you back-up the naked ROM (after you've added all you apps, set things up the way you want, etc.) then you could easily apply the theme of your choice. And if you don't like it, just restore the naked ROM and apply a different theme.
    It may take a minute or two longer than just applying a theme over another theme, but at least your backed-up ROM will be already to go once it's restored and you won't have crazy things going on like losing market or GMail or any other Google apps.

Just my .02
    I'm pretty anal when it comes to doing things like this. I always try to make sure I'm not going to potentially screw up something.

8. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8
    Carlz has it dead on! my process when flashing a rom and themes

1. Naked Rom+ G-aps
    2. Theme
    if I move to another theme I do Naked Rom + G-aps again then new theme

9. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so ur saying restore my naked stock 2.1 with root access then flash the next theme i want? and someone told me that team chaos roms come with kernals that allow for overclocking, where would that be located? i looked in the settings i looked in the spare parts i prolly overlooked it but i'm trying to read up and watch vids on what overclocking is and best ways to go about and what everything means

10. ViciousCircle

ViciousCircle Android Addict
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In order to change the clock speed, you'll need SetCPU from the market. The stock RR kernel supports overclocking and several clock speeds, but SetCPU is what lets you pick the various speeds and even set 'rules' or profiles as to how those speeds are applied.

Oh, and when someone mentioned 'Naked' version of the ROM, that's just our base version of Redrum. It doesn't have any themes applied, so we dubbed it 'Naked'. So, just download/install 1.3 Naked version of Redrum, make sure you also install gapps, then apply the theme you want!

11. jbrock98

jbrock98 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok after I install the naked version (its in rom manager right?) But how do I apply a theme to it? Choose the theme and go thru the same process as putting on a new rom? And it opens up clockwork recovery and does all that then restarts phone then I have to sign in to google and all that good stuff, or is changing themes different?

12. bgill55

bgill55 Silver Member
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +8

in Rom Manager the is a theme section. pick the one you want dont wipe and let Rom manager do its thing!