Need help quick.

njftw

Reaction score
I just got the DROID. I followed the instructions here on how to flash to 2.0 from 2.1

Well at the end, RSDLite said, "failed".

Now my phone is still plugged in and reads, "SW Update in Progress"

What do I do? I try turning it off but nothing works, and I don't want to unplug it just yet for fear of bricking it.

Help please.

Thanks

also, why did it fail?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Moved you to where you will get help.....

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Is there a status bar? Also, I've read posts that say it says failed, but worked. Sit tight. More help will come. I'm not very experienced with rsd, but others on the rescue squad are...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
Is there a status bar? Also, I've read posts that say it says failed, but worked. Sit tight. More help will come. I'm not very experienced with rsd, but others on the rescue squad are...

You are right. It said failed, but I am now on 2.0.1

So now what??? :icon_ banana:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

You are right. It said failed, but I am now on 2.0.1

So now what??? :icon_ banana:

What do you want to do?

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
I would like to overclock, as well as learn to customize the phone a bit more but I will assume that is more of my job to read up on how to do.

But if you could help me with overclocking, and perhaps some links to getting started once you are rooted it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm coming from a factory unlocked iPhone, and I really want to like this phone alot, so I would love to have a helping hand getting started.

Thanks!

OP
N

njftw

Reaction score
Actually, I'm so dumb.

I'm not even rooted yet I don't think.

I got the new phone yesterday, and I have now downgraded from 2.1 back to 2.0.1 stock. So I guess I would need help actually rooting now.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would like to overclock, as well as learn to customize the phone a bit more but I will assume that is more of my job to read up on how to do.

But if you could help me with overclocking, and perhaps some links to getting started once you are rooted it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm coming from a factory unlocked iPhone, and I really want to like this phone alot, so I would love to have a helping hand getting started.

Thanks!

There are a bunch of good roms out there. I used the one in the links in my signature, others have used the various roms available in the rom section of the forum here. Find one with good directions. Most come with kernels you can overclock. Read about each of them and choose one. You are rooted, the next thing to do is make a backup of your phone as it is now.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Actually, I'm so dumb.

I'm not even rooted yet I don't think.

I got the new phone yesterday, and I have now downgraded from 2.1 back to 2.0.1 stock. So I guess I would need help actually rooting now.

Read through the first link in my signature. The manual method to rooting and more exist there. There are automatic programs like dmupdater that you can use too. Decide which way you want to go.