Need help quick

rgmcree

Reaction score
I'm a new Samsung Galaxy s 3 owner, not really a user yet but I can make a phone call!
I'm 69 and long divorced from the mainfram computer world.
What I'm seeing about myself is I am out of date on current terminology, and how things work. I have no idea of what to do, how to do it, what is available, etc

I am looking for a book to read as a reference document that explains all things Android.

I did a search on Amazon, and got way too many hits, most of which were not reference or technical reference.

Can some of you please suggest some book/manuals that will help me get up to speed quickly. I have 8 days left on my 14 day trial and will be forced to return it if I cannot get educated and useful with it.

MANY THANKS,

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Are you a Verizon customer? If so, you can find a corporate Verizon store and take one of their free classes on smartphones. They also have online tutorials on MyVerizon for your specific phone. If you aren't with Verizon, your best bet would be to check out some YouTube videos
:)

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I agree. My mother-in-law got a lot of help from the Verizon classes. I'm sure you could also go in on a slow day and find someone willing to show you a few basic things to get you to the point where you can start tinkering around on your own. They would much rather teach you how to use your phone than have you return it. YouTube is a great suggestion. I think you will be hard-pressed to find a quality book because technology is moving so fast and there are so many different Android devices with different manufacturers and carriers making their own changes.

Good Luck!

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Can some of you please suggest some book/manuals that will help me get up to speed quickly. I have 8 days left on my 14 day trial and will be forced to return it if I cannot get educated and useful with it.

MANY THANKS,

If you were able to find your way to this forum on your PC and post a question, you have more than sufficient technical competency to make use of a smart phone, it's really just a little computer. Try some of the videos, classes and other online resources people have suggested, and tinker with the phone, you won't break anything. Trust me, it won't be long before you'll find a million things to do with it :icon_ banana:. Start with getting your email setup and working (the store can probably help you with that if needed), send some text messages, try using the Google navigation app to guide you someplace, download a game or two from the Google Play store (I love "Cut the Rope"), browse a few web sites, maybe get a podcast app (like Pocketcasts) and listen to some episodes of "All About Android", buy a book to read on the Kindle app, install Pandora and listen to some music, play with the camera, the uses are really endless!