need help putting contacts in a folder

ironarmknives

Reaction score
hey guys and gals im new to this forum and just got my eris two days ago,im a knife maker in san diego and need to put my phone contacts in a folder and dont know how to do it ,i put the new folder on a blank screen to the left of the home page but dont know how to put the contacts in the folder,i'll have three folders one for work,knifemakers,and suppliers,can you help.
Clint "ironarmknives.com"

jgmarz

Reaction score
deleting all contacts

how do i delete all contacts. i have doubles of all, i'd like to resync after deletion.

GerryG35

Reaction score
Here's how I did it. Long press the screen containing the destination folder and select shortcut then contact (or contact direct dial). If the folder was open, it will appear within it. If the folder was closed, press the newly added contact icon until it's selected and drag it near the folder until you see the folder open and then drop the icon. Repeat. I added a row of contacts for edit/view, a row of direct dials, and a row of contacts for text/MMS messages.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
abcOrganizer is the best thing I've found. It allows you to set "labels" for each contact from the contact screen and then you can place those labels (which act as folders) onto your home screen(s). It also works for programs/apps and bookmarks. The best thing is the labels are 'attached' to the contact so should you delete your folder (or loose data during an update or something) it's still there. And it can perform backups of the labels as well.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
how do i delete all contacts. i have doubles of all, i'd like to resync after deletion.

Best thing (if you're a gmail user) would be sync now then go online and manager you contacts there. Then sync and you're all set.

OP
ironarmknives

ironarmknives

Reaction score
Thanks guys i got all my work numb. moved to a file now how do i name the file ,man this phone make me feel old i cant figure anything out and so far for the day which started at 500 and now its 300 and i still have 76% battery but i'm sure i dont run this thing all out like some of you do