1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help! Possibly bricked my phone!

Discussion in 'LG Ally' started by Crash Plague, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Crash Plague

Crash Plague New Member

I was able to root my LG Ally, mainly so I could use themes with MetaMorph. Rooting went fine. After applying a theme with metamorph however, strange things started happening. First, I noticed that I had no service, anywhere. The date showed the year as 1980. My contacts was gone (like, not my contacts, the actual contacts INTERFACE was gone) as well as the phone interface was gone. Trying to go to them would give me errors like "Sorry! The application has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again!" And giving me the "force close." button.

So, I went around the web looking for what I needed to do to fix the phone. I learned how to reset the phone which claimed that it would restore the phone to how it was from the factory. It didn't. It brought me back to the initial "Welcome to Ally!" screen. Touch the android to begin.

Touching the android does nothing. The error pops up: "The application Voice Search (process com.google.android.voicesearch) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

What can I do guys? I don't care if I lose root, or anything. I just want to get the phone back working again...
  2. titans1

titans1 New Member

did you create a back up before you started all this? If you did flash back to that. If you didnt then you are in some trouble.
  3. Crash Plague

Crash Plague New Member

The phone restore cleared everything out. Fortunately I can now get past the "Touch the android to begin" with the tapping the four corners so I can get the phone to connect to my PC. That's all the "progress" i have so far...
  4. importune

importune Theme Developer Theme Developer

Well, your phone isn't bricked. Bricked means the phone doesnt do anything, no boot, no use, just a brick. Because your phone can boot up you can still boot in to recovery and flash a stock ROM. Im on my phone or id find you a guide... goolgle how to flash roms on lg ally, and then look for a stock lg ally rom. A stock rom will rewrite everything on the phone, making it exactly the same as a new phone.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  5. Crash Plague

Crash Plague New Member

6. fish1552

fish1552 XOOM RS Team Lead Premium Member

Try this method instead. It looks more like the RSDLite method we use on our MotoDroid.

It looks like you only need to push the zip to your phone using this method instead of all the other typing needed in the one your using.

This also has a lot of the links you might need for the ROMs, both 2.2 and stock.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2010
Search tags for this page

bricked lg ally

fix bricked lg ally
how to fix a bricked lg p509 android phone
how to know if your lg ally is bricked
how to reset a verizon lg revolution phone when phone unexpe
how to restore bricked lg revolution verizon
how to unbrick lg revolution stuck on lg screen

lg ally bricked

lg ally bricked recovery
lg ally touch the android to begin