Need help picking a rom.

Rakielis

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to this while scene. My dx is my first smart phone and i love the thing. I'm currently running the birdman release that came out right after the 2.2 release. I don't really have time to try out every rom either, but I do know what I'm looking for and was going someone could answer a simple question for me: which rom to use? But let me mention what I want too...

I like launcher pro a lot
I text a ton and I like the default text app. I dont like handcent or chomp.
Most importantly, I want battery life!
I need to be able to access microsoft exchange

I don't know how to back up my rom either...

Are they even that different?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

scubieman

Reaction score
A lot of ROMS should work. I just go under the Droid X Roms section of droidfroums and just choose one. Each one will had a description of what has been changed.

If they removed a app you want. Then you can get it off the internet.

Porterhouse0

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm kinda new to this while scene. My dx is my first smart phone and i love the thing. I'm currently running the birdman release that came out right after the 2.2 release. I don't really have time to try out every rom either, but I do know what I'm looking for and was going someone could answer a simple question for me: which rom to use? But let me mention what I want too...

I like launcher pro a lot
I text a ton and I like the default text app. I dont like handcent or chomp.
Most importantly, I want battery life!
I need to be able to access microsoft exchange

I don't know how to back up my rom either...

Are they even that different?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

i would do a couple things (assuming you have bootstrapper and ROM manager installed already...both in the market)

1.) get off birdmans ROM lol birdman is no longer supporting his DX ROM. If you need exchange...i would stick with a blurry ROM at the moment. Ive HEARD that there were some issues with blurless roms and exchange. that being said 'Rubix .3 Blurry' is, in my opinion, your best bet.

2.) as for your launcher...remove launcher pro and go with ADW. It is soooo much faster and customizable. and for anyone reading this who disagrees...i challenge you to D/L adw and set the speed to "0" and compare that speed to launcher pros fastest setting. and of course adw has themes...

and btw inside ROM manager would be the easiest way to back up your current ROM...you cant miss it...it says, "Backup current ROM" lol