1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need help patching Gingerbread for ext3/4

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by tharris297, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tharris297

tharris297 New Member

Hello,

I'm probably the last of a dying breed in regards to using a2sd or rather a2sd-ext. I have tried a lot of roms (both Froyo and Gingerbread) and even though they are all nice and work well, the thing that ends up being the deal breaker for me is a rom that can access /sd-ext. I was using CM, but then moved to Ultimate Droid as those two do have a2sd-ext built in.

With some help from ZeroBarrier, he was able to develop provide me a patch kit if you will for MIUI, and it still works for froyo, but not for Gingerbread.

Anyone out there know why modules and versions that I will need to patch a rom that is not ext3/4 friendly?

I have tried to use my little patch file that I uses for Froyo, but it doesnt work on Gingerbread based roms.

Thanks!
  2. tharris297

tharris297 New Member

i actually think i have updated the necessary files and I will test my creation tonight when i get home from work.
Search tags for this page

android vold ext3

ext3 kernel module android

ext3 module android

ext3 support for gingerbread
ext3 vold
gingerbread ext3 support