Need help!!! New rom did not work!

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
I have a Droid X running 4.5.605 (Gingerbread)... I am extremely new to "flashing new roms" but not illiterate so I need some help!?

I rooted my phone and completed a backup of my system... I used ROM Toolbox to download Liberty v0.9, followed the instructions and when I went to pull the ROM off of my sdcard it wasn't there... the file was there but it was like it was empty or not able to be opened by the device. Luckily I was able to restore my stock ROM but I need some further help PLEASE!?

First... is that version of Liberty compatible with GB 4.5.605 and if so what am I doing wrong?

I guess what I really, really want to know is which ROMS are compatible with this version of GB? I am looking for something fast and stable... anything other than stock. Granted I am new to this but I am a quick study and eager to try to figure this out.

Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!

clueless77

Reaction score
Check out droidmodderx.com its an excellent source

Or download ROM toolbox from the market and CM7 its fast stable and very easy to theme listed as REVNUMBERS nightlies CM4DX GB
BAD ASS X

leftspin

Reaction score
Liberty 3, Shuji, ApeX, VorteX, CM4DX GB and MIUI can all be flashed with the kernel version you have. Make sure before flashing you wipe data, cache and dalvik

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep trying to flash liberty 0.9? The new liberty 3 is out. Liberty 0.9 is the only ver that people needed to rename the file to (.zip)
I'm running cm7 which you'll love, but like was said above, there are tons of awesome roms for the dx (much better than liberty 0.9)
Pm me if you need any help and I'll walk you through it)

leftspin

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep trying to flash liberty 0.9? The new liberty 3 is out. Liberty 0.9 is the only ver that people needed to rename the file to (.zip)
I'm running cm7 which you'll love, but like was said above, there are tons of awesome roms for the dx (much better than liberty 0.9)
Pm me if you need any help and I'll walk you through it)

+1 for CM7, definitely my favorite ROM

OP
U

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
Thanks for ALL of the advice! I think I might try CM7. Lots of good feedback! THANKS AGAIN!!!

whetrick1

Reaction score
Did you download tomorrow on your phone or by computer I use my laptop and then plug phone into laptop and copy and paste tomorrow to my sd card and never had any trouble with it not being there.I use titanium backup and rom manager and they work great and this was my first time Modding my phone apex 2.0 and have had no trouble with it yet

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
U

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
I flashed CM7 but it just keeps booting into the cyanogen (mod)7 screen with the arrow traveling in a circular motion... doesn't do anything else.... any ideas?

leftspin

Reaction score
I flashed CM7 but it just keeps booting into the cyanogen (mod)7 screen with the arrow traveling in a circular motion... doesn't do anything else.... any ideas?

The first boot always takes a while, but it's possible that you flashed the wrong CM7. Since you're on the .605 kernel you want CM4DX GB by RevNumbers, available online or from the ROM Toolbox app. If you flashed the regular CM7 nightly you may need to SBF flash your phone, which isn't difficult. Just Google search "SBF flash droid x"

OP
U

UH1RotorMech

Reaction score
The first boot always takes a while, but it's possible that you flashed the wrong CM7. Since you're on the .605 kernel you want CM4DX GB by RevNumbers, available online or from the ROM Toolbox app. If you flashed the regular CM7 nightly you may need to SBF flash your phone, which isn't difficult. Just Google search "SBF flash droid x"

YEP, you were right! it just took a while to load... very cool! I like it already... EXTREMELY FAST! So this may be a stupid question but I will need to flash google apps on here now to get apps... is that the only source?

leftspin

Reaction score
YEP, you were right! it just took a while to load... very cool! I like it already... EXTREMELY FAST! So this may be a stupid question but I will need to flash google apps on here now to get apps... is that the only source?

Yep, just flash gapps in CWM. I also recommend jakebites mod to make it even faster, the flashable zip is available in ROM Toolbox