need help moving over seas

aviationmech

Reaction score
Hello i am relocating to south Korea for a year for work and i am looking at getting the droid global could use all the information there is out there .... is this a good decision ..... am i going to be able to put a prepaid SIM from that country and not get charged for global roaming from verizon ..... I have common sense but not that techie so some terms may need to be further explained for me thanks for any information given!!!!!

silver6054

Reaction score
So my questions would be:
Are you planning to come back to the US a lot during that year?
Are you going to keep a US phone on contract during that time?
If you don't need a US phone a lot, and don't need people to be able to call you on your existing US number (which won't work with a foreign SIM anyway) I would suggest that you buy a phone in South Korea and use a prepay in the US until you relocate back. There should be some good phones there (given that major phone producers are based there!) and they would work with the networks, whereas some people report trouble using certain SIMs with the D2G.

Caveat: I have no knowledge of how hard/easy it is to buy phones there, and what terms (contract/prepay) are available.

OP
A

aviationmech

Reaction score
that is the type of information that i am looking for ...... i would like for my family friends to be able to still call me on my us number but when calling local in Korea which i will be doing alot didn't know if they would work coincidentally with each other ..... i am not going to be coming back to the states so that my income will be completely tax free ........ so that is what i was wanting to know if i would be better to just get a Korean prepaid phone but then there is no way i can call home with out being changed a good chunk of change or them being about to call me it would only be on a Skype basis which that is what i was wondering if there was a way for me to still make local calls in Korea and back home but i guess i can not have my cake and eat it to!!!!!! and i have looked into contracts and they are not to keen on America having plans have to put a good size deposit down and have to pay in advance just more of a pain in the ass